“Great service, minor inconveniences!”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Webster, New York
“Great service, minor inconveniences!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The BWP - Carolinian OF is a great place to stay and will definitely consider it if we go to Myrtle again. I chose the property based on comments I saw on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed, so I figured I would add comments of my own. The good: We stayed in the tall building in a 1 BD OF suite - 2 adults, 3 minors ages 9-13...we had plenty of room. The room was always cleaned and ready for us when we returned for lunch. I asked for extra towels daily because we showered multiple times and they always delivered with a smile. The staff all over the resort were helpful and pleasant, never had a problem. Washer/dryer in the room was GREAT with all the wet stuff from the beach daily. The balcony was good size with good chairs for sitting and enjoying the view. This hotel offers free mini-golf at a nearby course (see pics) anytime before 7 pm daily. You can also go to the Wild Water and Wheels water park every day as well, for free, with your stay. VERY nice bonus, which we took advantage of. It's a great park with a ton of water slides!! Things I would like the hotel Mgt to think about: the closet door in the living area was off the track and would not go back on. We pushed to an 'open' position so we could still use the space for coolers and such, but it would have been nice to have a working door. Housekeeping must have been aware of it, but nothing was ever done to fix it. It wasn't that big a deal to us, so we let it go. (Room 1831) The suite sleeps 6 due to the pull out couch, which we used for 2, 13 year old girls. Thank goodness they are young and didn't mind, because that mattress is SHOT!! All springs - no support - no way would an adult be comfortable sleeping there. The OF windows and sliding door only have sheer window coverings. Again the 2, 13 year olds slept mostly without issue, but when the sun comes up at 5:30 am and it's shining bright right on your face, I can't see how anyone could sleep. Hotel really needs to consider adding blackout drapes that can be closed at night!!! The kitchen was really nice to have - and was stocked well with pots/pans etc. However, the room says it sleeps 6, so I would have expected it to have at least 6 of each for glasses, plates, bowls, and silverware. IT DID NOT - it only had service for 4, so we ended up buying paper and plastic to make due. Not a huge deal, but something that would be nice for the hotel to update in the future. The beach was wonderful, great access from the pool area at the hotel. They did offer pool towels, which was a nice surprise and very convenient. The outside pool was nice, but not very large. The "indoor" pool was actually just in a covered section and VERY small, not completely indoor, as was the lazy river and hot tub. I would have preferred to have the lazy river and HT both outside so I could enjoy them in the sun, but that's just my opinion. Overall a wonderful week with just minor inconveniences - am hoping Management sees my review and takes some things into consideration.

Room Tip: The taller building has the more newly renovated suites, with kitchens and separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
goshen, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

loved everything. room facing ocean children loved the pool's ocean water parks golf breakfast amazing definitely will go back excellent family vacation. I can't say enough great things about this hotel and staff was amazing everyone was so nice.

1 Thank Patricia W
EWING, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is for the Family Trips for sure. It’s sufficient and economical with a luxury twist. You will get the same experience as a luxury hotel but for a much better price and with the same bells and whistles. The kids had every amenity and freedom to enjoy their vacation while we had our relaxing time on the beach right outside our door. Safe environment, clean, friendly and above all great value.

1 Thank Heather G
Pilot Mountain, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our room was average but a little cramped. The kitchenette was really limited. Basically, a dorm size refrigerator with a convection oven. One dish towel. Had a great staff and wonderful view. Negative was that breakfast was provided but in a separate location, down the street. We had to go out in the pouring rain to go to breakfast or just not participate. There are no rooms available for disabled people with ocean front views. Room was clean and bed was comfortable

Mayfield, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great location and staff very nice. Lots of extras included with the room. Breakfast was very good at restaurant down the street, nice walk and beds slept very good. Quiet room and over looked the ocean front with nice balcony. Would definitely stay here again

Portsmouth
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed in the main part of the hotel and the accomodations were very good after changing rooms to get a better view of the ocean. It really wasn't looking straight at the ocean from my room but the room was big and I liked that about the room, Previously, I stayed in the Towers for my last stay and it was excellent! I had no complaints about that stay and was hoping to be there when I booked this time but it wasn't. I was disappointed at first but I found out that there was a difference in what I needed to ask for when booking a room. Now, I know. I love staying at The Best Western Carolinian.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a front view of the ocean if you stay in the main hotel.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nice clean room. Great ocean views. Pool aerobics in the morning and lots of kids activities. Just be careful in the shower! Our shower would get scalding hot then ice cold in a matter of seconds even when we weren't using any other water in our room.

Room Tip: Corner room with balcony was a good choice - just stay far enough up on the oceanfront side so you d...