“Offering great deals online, this place is superb.”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #55 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Offering great deals online, this place is superb.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been on a road trip. I'll spare you those details, but suffice it to say we've been frequenting Motel 6. After arriving in Jacksonville FL during Tropical Storm Somebody and foolishly staying at the World's Worst Econolodge we decided to splurge. A specific "Hotels" [internet] website which I'm not allowed to "name" was running multiple specials in Myrtle Beach and this one was the most appealing. The special was $79/night for "resort's choice" which implied that we'd get what we get and by happy about it. Oho! I'm writing to you from our beachfront balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Not, like, sort of... It's all there.

Now the room: Spacious. Ours has two queens, some have a king I'm sure. Kitchenette, coffee, LCD tv, tub, balcony with chairs, very effective AC. Very pleasant and clean. The building also has a pool, kiddie pool, a covered/shaded pool, a jacuzzi, and a cute little "lazy river" which is amusing, but not much more than a diversion.

Friendly, polite, and accommodating staff! Even the security guard is chatty. We were so ready for a break from the road that we looked to see if the special was available for a second night, which it was. The staff was happy to let us take advantage of the discount again, even on a weekend night! Great stuff. We highly recommend staying at this hotel and looking for bargains on the booking price.

Room Tip: Book online on some kind of "hotels" [internet] booking site for the best deals.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Ontario
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a side view of the beach for two nights. It was booked for us through Hilton Grand Vacations because they wanted us to view their Anderson Club Hotel next door. We had our two children with us and so we were put at the Carolinian because we would have had to pay a whole lot of extra money to stay at the Anderson Club even though they were trying to sell us a timeshare there. The unit we were assigned had a full kitchen, small living room, a balcony that faced the building beside us, a large bathroom and a bedroom with two queen sized beds in it. It would be great for a couple visiting for a week but we wouldn't want to stay in a one bedroom suite with our children for more than the two days we were there, it was too small. So, I would recommend a larger unit and definitely have it facing the beach.
The weather was extremely lousy when we were there, very windy and rainy and cold. However we still managed to walk down the beach toward the pier and take in the shops on the boardwalk area. I'm sure that this is a very enjoyable experience when the weather is co-operating. So yes, the hotel is in a good location for strolling on the beach. You do have to drive though in order to find a decent selection of restaurants. Broadway at the Beach is just a short drive away and is a great place to visit with the kids. Lots of shopping and entertainment and restaurants. Speaking of driving, the garage being across the street wasn't really an issue. Yes you have to walk outside to get there but it wasn't a problem for us, it may be for others with mobility issues however.
Because we couldn't swim in the ocean and it was too cold and windy by the outdoor pools as well(even though they looked lovely, maintained and clean), our children took advantage of the indoor pool. My husband soaked in the indoor hot tub. The lazy river pool indoors is really quite small and it would be my one issue with the place. But then again, if we had use of the outdoors the size probably wouldn't have mattered that much. After viewing the Anderson next door, I would still stay at the Carolinian because of the price. I don't particularly need granite countertops in my kitchen when on holidays or fancier floor tiles. They both face the same stretch of beach and have approximately the same outdoor space. The Carolinian unit was clean and quiet and well equipped. We had no problems with the front desk staff, who were courteous and helpful. So, in conclusion, I have no problem recommending this to family and friends. I would just suggest booking a bigger suite facing the ocean for families. There is value in this hotel.

Room Tip: Book and ocean front suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sjdee
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice quiet place to stay. Pool and lazy river clean. Small hot tub. Open-air hallways outside rooms smell bad (think from repeated rain blowing in and sea air/humidity). They should remove the carpet - it's that way on all the floors apparently because it was the talk of the elevators daily.
Ice was on second floor (we were on 17th).

Room Tip: Ice on 2nd floor
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This motel is in a great location - right on the ocean in MB. However, door had a huge crack in in from the hallway into our room and made noise from the hallway (our room was right by the elevator) very loud and the floor right outside our room looked very dirty along the walls and in the corner. Could tell the building was older but rooms were nicely renovated, beds comfortable, TV excellent, shower head was excellent in bathroom, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, was worth the stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a great time in Myrtle Beach Great location. This is my second visit to this particular hotel. And it was a better experience this time. The room was perfect. I recommend the king suite oceanfront. When I vacate I like to do best western. This is the best one I have been to so far. Will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my 3rd time staying at Best western and I'm 100% satisfied. I was staying on 17th floor, look like it was recently remodeled. Last year they had carpet, and now it was hardwood floors, fully equiped kitchen. Clean and spacious bathrooms. Neat bedrooms. Overall great experience. Defenetly will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed June 2013
Franklin, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our room was clean and well appointed. The beachfront view was very nice. My son enjoyed the swimming pools, which were clean and neatly kept. I wish we would have stayed longer to enjoy the additional ammenities, such as the free admission to Wild Water and Wheels water park and the complimentary putt-putt. Both of these ammenities were a pleasant surprise to me at check-in. I would definately stay here again, as the hotel was very family friendly! I've already begun to plan my next trip.