“Birthday getaway”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was my 2nd return to this resort, What brought me back was the fantastic staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and the location. I am a caretaker/daughter to my 91 yr. old father who resides with me full time. As as gift from my family they gave me a "solo getaway" to just sit on the beach, relax and enjoy the view! Thanks to Best Western Plus Carolinian Inn and Suites for making my birthday extra special! I highly recommend this place!
Brittaney ( front desk) was awesome! Sorry if I spelled her name incorrectly!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my 18 month old son to the beach for the first time. It was great that they had very affordable valet parking. The room was great with minimal options for my son to be mischievious. Being able to get up and walk right out to the beach was great. The balcony was nice and safe enough that I was afraid to let the baby walk around (instead of me carrying him). We had a great time in the pools. (I wish they had baby floats for the lazy river. We didn't get to do that.) The staff were very helpful when it came to helping the "single" mom opening pool gates and such and at check out. I can't wait to go back and hopefully stay longer and take the whole family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jes M
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The pools were never cleaned, they had dead bugs and garbage in them, we never once saw anyone clean them. The front desk does not acknowledge you at all, I waited twenty minutes for a towel for the pool. The shower ran very hot and then very cold, all the time we were there, you had to move out of the shower all the time. The rooms were not dusted and they did not refill anything in the bathroom. Our bathroom light switch broke and we had to take a lamp to the bathroom to see. The two elevators broke down twice in four days. The parking garage where you park is two blocks away, you have to walk back to the hotel through a unlighted parking lot. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank martinzames
Reviewed May 17, 2013

First off - every service provider was extremely pleasant and helpful. No attitudes towards tourists. Our one bedroom suite was above average in all respects. Kitchen (though didn't use) was well stocked with pots and pans but was missing wine glasses. Patio was roomy. Front room was bright with great view of beach and ocean. Bedroom has two full size beds that were soft and comfortable for sleeping.
Cleanliness was a 5. But there were just a few too many small defects (cracked tub, must hold down the handle to flush toilet, couch (a pull out) not comfortable at all, etc) to rate higher.
Like the title - Very nice.

Room Tip: Tower building patios avoid direct daylight sun - keeps room at comfortable temp.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. the facility are nice and well kept the staff is always eger to assist you with what ever problem may occur. housekeeping went out of thier way to make sure our stay was comfortable and pleasent especically Diandra.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donald B H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was not my 1st stay. My children and I had great time. My sister was next door with her children and they also had a great time. The hotel was very accomadating. My daughter locked herself out the room and they did not give her a hard time getting another key. which was a blessing. Thank you we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyce W
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel. We stayed in the 2nd tower and had a great room with a beautiful view of the beach. Our room was clean and the staff we came into contact with were professional and helpful. I'm would definitely stay here again. You get a lot of value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family