“Great Stay”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was not my 1st stay. My children and I had great time. My sister was next door with her children and they also had a great time. The hotel was very accomadating. My daughter locked herself out the room and they did not give her a hard time getting another key. which was a blessing. Thank you we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyce W

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel. We stayed in the 2nd tower and had a great room with a beautiful view of the beach. Our room was clean and the staff we came into contact with were professional and helpful. I'm would definitely stay here again. You get a lot of value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day weekend in Myrtle Beach. I had an Oceanfront 2 Queen bed room in the short tower.

PROS: Comfortable & Clean Bed, Clean Pool & Pool areas, Beautiful Beach, Business Center, Flat Panel TV, Starbucks close by, Taxi from airport $20

CONS: Room carpeting is disgusting (can't walk on it in bare feet, it is just sticky/dirty gross)
Rooms are tired (rusty fixtures, chipping paint, plaster falling off the walls, watermarks in the ceilings, keyswipe didn't work, NOISY AC unit, cheap hairdryer 'ate' my hair as it sucked it into the exhaust, elevator broken more than it worked, elevator repairmen had it closed down frequently, elevator shared with housekeeping who "held" the doors for long intervals while loading and holding the doors for each other, had to ride once with a full container of smelly room garbage, broken closet mirrored door, poor bathroom lighting, $10/HR late checkout charge, parking is in a garage accross the street behind another building and not conveninet to the hotel.

Since there are so many other hotels/resorts to choose from, I would not reccommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take your review very seriously and depend on feedback like yours to improve our service to our guests. Please be assured that any issues you've mentioned have been addressed accordingly. We do hope you'll visit with us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to provide you with an even better vacation experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I made this an annual road trip from Jersey with my family every May. It is the best time to enjoy the happy, friendly staff at all the attractions, avoid all the crowds, soak in the sunshine at the beautiful beach steps from hotel, relaxing pool, hot tub or lazy river. Upgrade to to oceanFRONT 2 bedroom efficiency if there are two families making the trip. I love this place... Early check in and late check out without fees, extra, extra towels, prompt service at every turn and free mini golf... Only downside are the outdated rugs...You cannot beat this value.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our room was quite nice. It appeared to have been recently refreshed. We were in the smaller inn section of the building. The beds were comfy. The resort includes access to a really nice mini-golf across the street. The staff was all friendly and accommodating. One thing that stands out is security awareness. My room key stopped working one day when I returned from the pool. I went to the front desk for a replacement key and was asked for my ID, which I didn't have as I had been at the pool. The front desk associate created a new key for me and had security take me to my room to verify my ID. This was good to witness as some resorts are lax in this area. I will definitely return.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from staying at the Carolinian Oceanfront Inn. This hotel is nothing glamorous, just a decent priced, mid level hotel. The pool was nice but small and had no umbrellas for shade and only two tables. The indoor spa was closed which was disappointing. The staff was friendly and helpful except for at the front desk. I was upset when upon checking in I realized I paid $145 for a partial view of the ocean. I was sure I selected oceanfront with my booking but they insisted that I selected ocean view. They offered us an upgrade but all of the sudden had "No oceanfront rooms available". I even explained that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they continue to act like there was no availability. This hotel was nowhere near booked up; we were basically 1 of three parties at the pool all day. I also suspect that since we booked through Expedia we were not treated fairly and in fact we were given a room in the older building. The older building is just that, old. It isn't dirty or musty. Just older. I wish we were able to have even PAID to get into an oceanfront room but they were unwilling to give us an upgrade. We are planning to return to Myrtle Beach next month and I asked about a return price. She handed me a pamphlet with the "set" prices.
All in all I probably will not return to this hotel unless given a ridiculously low price. The Hilton Garden next door will most likely be the place I stay next time.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in the older building. Request to be in the new building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The suite was terrific, as was the staff. The few problems we had were handled swiftly and I felt well taken care of. Having a coffee shop or restaurant on premises would have made it absolutely perfect. The location of the hotel was perfect with access to the pool and beach from anywhere you stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the 18th floor corner room with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.