“Myrtle Beach Trip”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We enjoyed our room and the service provided by all. The disappointment was that there was no bar or dining area. Magnolias is good, but would prefer just to have something on site.

Tracy was excellent and the housekeeping was done nicely. You need to check the bathtub for mold. It wasn't overwhelming, but not nice to see. We also enjoyed the balcony everyday.

The level of service was excellent. Free parking was a big plus.

Room Tip: The corner King Suite was very roomy. Our friends came for coffee one morning and the 8 of us were...

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Your first impression is usually from the front desk. In this case, I was wowed by the staff. The level of service was off the charts for this hotel, and this is coming from a guy who spends 75+ nights a year in hotels!

I'm not used to such service, so it was very notable.

Parking is half a block away. NOT a big deal with such beautiful weather, but just know this in advance. Its not a problem to drop of passengers and bags, then move after you settle in.

My room was not bad...I have stayed in plenty worse, and some better. You could probably say they are nearing their "use by" date, meaning a bit of a refresh or remodel may be due soon, but for the location, the level of service, and the value, I would stay again!

I am a Diamond Elite member at Best Western, and I usually receive the best room at various locations whern I book. I'm not sure that this was the case here...I think they could do a bit better by accomodating / upgrading those of us who frequent their chain more often.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Howard F
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a "girl" trip to the annual gospel concert called "Singing in the Sun." We have stayed at the Best Western Carolinian for several years now. We've had the 3-bedroom suite, 2-bedroom suite, and standard rooms. The staff has always been very courteous. Alex was our bellman this year and did an excellent job. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and met all our needs. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the middle of Myrtle Beach so it's convenient to go North or South.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a group with 8 rooms and they were all very nice. The rooms were clean and had everything I would need. Stayed the 3rd week of April and they were doing some renovations on my floor. I looked in and the bathrooms were getting an upgrade. Granite counters, beautiful lighting and new paint. All the rooms have small friges, microwaves, safes, flat screen TV, 2 queen beds. The bedding looked brand new. Very modern, pure white comforters & sheets, very thick white towels. There is 2 chairs on each balcony. The front desk employees were so nice and helpful. Several people in my group had some interaction with housekeeping and they praised their response time and kindness. I would stay here again without hesitation.

1  Thank tripletsaunt
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The wife and I shared a two bedroom ocean front suite with another couple whom are our very good friends. We liked our suite very much. It was a corner suite with a view of the ocean and an awsome view looking south down the beach from the living room window. It was clean and roomy.The staff was very friendly and solved any little thing we asked for. We are looking forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Our corner suite had spacious windows in the living room, providing a beautiful view of the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time. Everyone was extremely friendly. The only thing I missed was not having a bar to go to. But we did go next door for that . Thank you! The place was clean and parking was easily acessable!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chrissmelko
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was ok. The room was to be for 6 guests however the kitchen was only equipped for 4. Asked for extra plates, utensils but never got them so I picked up plastic at Wal-mart. Housekeeping was hit and miss, asked them to vacuum and they barely touched the carpet. I must say towels were changed even if you didn't need them. The worst was the pool with the lazy river. No monitoring for people causing trouble, lots of beer containers. My daughter went in the pool on a specific day and the chlorine levels we so high that it bleached her bathing suit. The worst is that it bleached/damaged her hair which we ended up having to cut 6in off and she had extreme dry skin around the eyes from the where water got trapped between her skin and goggles. When I asked about the water and explained the bathing suit I was told the pool will automatically shock the pool if needed. It may have to shock it several times if high levels of bacteria are found. This is where I think then practice should be to remove all people from the pool when any shocking is taking place. I tired to speak to the General Manager with some ideas for future however there was no concern with respect to my complaint. I will choose differently next time. I am big on Customer Service and I think that giving a little care and concern would have changed my mind about staying there again. I will say Lindsay the manager at the front was awesome! but not enough to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family