“Can't wait to come back.”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The rooms do need some work. Mostly in the area of the bathrooms. For one, the showers are built for hobbits, not adults. I'm only 5` 10 and I have to duck to get under the water. The "sink" area is a mismatch of parts. Other then that, my stay was great. I would like to say thank you to the maintenance crew. We had a problem and the guys worked really hard to correct it. One of the guys (Dave I believe) even got zapped due to live electrical current in the cable line, normally there isn't any. Thank you for another wonderful stay, can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: You need to book early. I booked 3 months early.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,369)

Reviewed June 3, 2011

location was excellent, fee breakfast buffet across the street was nice. hot tub looked filthy & pool was a little murky, but everything else was great.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you found the location of the resort to excellent and that you liked the breakfast buffet across the street. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Reviewed June 3, 2011

The location was excellent and the amenities were adequate. The cleaning team had a pretty hard time with their work. We had to send the kids down to get us items like shampoo and soap several times. We left a bucket of sea shells outside our door that the kids spent all day collecting. After the cleaning crew came by the bucket and its contents were gone, When I went by the front desk to ask if we could have the bucket back I was told that it was probably already thrown out and that the cleaning team has already switched shifts. My six year old lost her bucket and sea shells. Not the end of the world, but disappointing that the staff was so unhelpful, and lacked remorse.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you liked the location of the resort and the amenities that we have to offer. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff didn’t stock your room properly and that they threw away your daughters seashell. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Unfortunately they were booked up so even though I am a Diamond member I was unable to score an upgrade of any kind. Love the location and the people that work here. The free buffet breakfast at Magnolia's was good. So was the view from our room and the best itself. But there were stains on the ceiling, the bathroom fan didn't work other than making a very loud noise, there was mold on the wall around the sliding glass door, and a towel rack broke and fell behind the toilet and the housekeeper just left it there! The elevators smelled and were dirty and it's just very run down. The pools were always cloudy and the small, one foot round one was filthy. Still, the staff is wonderful. Wish they could do something about the parking situation. Check in is hard with so much congestion. I stayed in a much nice room last September but this time it was so bad I probably won't be back. BEWARE OF MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: I didn't realize there are TWO bike weeks and the other was a few weeks ago but this weekend it was Black Bikers Week. People were almost naked driving motorcycles, there were used condoms and tampons on the sidewalk by the hotel. Pretty disgusting. If we had kids we would have left. Took us 1 hour to drive two blocks to get back to the hotel parking garage on Sunday night due to the massive traffic jam on Ocean Drive.

1  Thank MarilynJ6354
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I love this hotel. It was very roomy. The hotel staff was friendly.The room was clean.The hotel was in walking distance to local resturants and stores.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mooter2216
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We needed to get away for a while. It was the perfect weekend (even though it was bike week). The traffic wasn't too bad. Our room was clean and comfortable. The parking garage was a block over so there was a walk to get the car but we could park in front of the hotel for loading and unloading. Couldn't use the hot tub because there was a reunion or something going on and it was always full of children. Hotel is right on the beach so that more than made up for not being able to use the hot tub. Also had a balcony room just to sit and watch the water. We were able to sit on the beach and do nothing and take long romantic walks, which is why we came in the first place. Thanks Best Western

Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was a great place to stay and I would come here again, due to the location, pools, and ocean view. I wish they provided complimentary breakfast or provided restaurant/bar within the hotel. Overall, very satisfied! They also provide guests with many coupons but the parking.

• Stayed: May 2011