“Everything we wanted!”

Ranked #51 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Everything we wanted!”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We found everything we were looking for at Carolina Winds. Our spacious 2 bedroom condo overlooked the beach and we were never more than 15 minutes from anywhere we wanted to go. The room itself was first rate. Large rooms, well air-conditioned, full kitchen, large balcony and 2 full bathrooms made us feel right at home. Even though it is a large building with few in any vacancies, we found it to be very quiet. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The large salt water swimming pool was a nice alternative when we did not feel like swimming in the ocean. There were daily activities organized for the guests but we chose to just relax and do our own thing. The beach was very clean and there were lifeguards on duty. Chairs and umbrellas were available for rent but we chose to go to Wal-Mart on the first day and buy our own. Saved a lot of money that way. Be sure to check the many coupon books available in the lobby. There are plenty of savings to be found! We twice ate breakfast at the on-site restaurant and the food was delicious and the portions large. There are so many restaurants close by that it was hard to choose. Highly recommend Carrabba's Italian Grill. I did not bring my golf clubs as this was a family vacation but I could not help but notice the many golf courses in the vicinity. Over all I would give Carolina Winds a 10/10. We are already talking about returning next year - with my clubs!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Danomac59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife, daughter and inlaws stayed at this great oceanfront resort in Myrtle Beach in June. From the helpful reservation staff (JW was awesome and helpful) that made sure we had an oceanfront view for the week to the surprise when we got there that our room was ready early, it was a great week. Don't forget the free local newspaper every day. The resort is very homey with the resort cats and friendly greetings. They helped with getting internet service set up in our room. The pools were cleaned every day and are situated that they are a very warm and relaxing temperature. It is located right on the beach and also located with easy access to restaurants and shopping. A great week and we will be back

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank colonel92
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Very dissappointing experience at the Carolina WInds. The check in staff was rude, the condo was outdated, the pool was overcrowded, old and surrouned in slippery concrete that my kids fell on I don't know how many times. The codo offers maid service that was a joke. The room never got vacuumed or swept the whole time we were there-which I don't expect, but when I called the front desk to ask for a vacuum and broom so I could do it myself they refused and suggested I wait around and ask the cleaning lady to do it the next day.

The washer and dryer in our unit did not work and we called the first day, but were told there was nothing they could do-yet upon checkout they said they would send someone up there right away to fix the problem. There were lights burnt out in the unit-shouldn't this stuff be checked out prior to arrival?

The pictures on the internet make it look so nice, but it's not-such a dump! There are so many other nice place to stay in Myrtle. I will never go back to the Carolina Winds!

2 Thank suern921
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was my family's second stay at the Carolina Winds in Myrtle Beach. Check-in was a breeze. We stayed in room 809. The quality of the rooms can vary greatly here, because the individual rooms are condos owned by individuals. This was an oceanfront angle room (meaning that the balcony is angled 45 degrees toward the ocean). The room was auite and had two queen beds in the bedroom and a fold out couch in the living area. I was disappointed a lack of a murphy bed as I have three kids. I suggest if you have the same that you specify that you want a room with a murphy bed.
Overall, the room was adequate. It had a damp smell when we first came in. I also noticed an older AC until which had appeared to soak the outside corridor (later we found out that this unit did soak the corridor). No matter, we turned the AC on and the smell quickly subsided. The galley kitchen had enough storage, but no blender :( . Again, amenities may vary.
The room had beach themed decor, and was comfortable. The beds were pretty hard, and I woke with a back ache each morning. Luckily, the hot tubs were there to take those knots out. The pool was large and nice (few pools anymore at a hotel with a 10ft end). Also, the Winds has another hot tub and lazy river across the street in their second phase. There is also an indoor pool and hot tub if you desire to use it. We never did, because the weather was awesome.
I enjoyed my time at the Carolina Winds, but I agree with other reviews that have said that it is getting dated. I do not agree with people who have complained that the service is rude. Jane, our housekeeper, was nice and always kept the room cleaned. She always was accommodating when we needed fresh towels or an extra blanket. I left her a $10 tip (it was expected at the end of the week). The front desk was also accommodating. Your time here though is what you make of it. If you are big gotta have an exclusive, large, clean room that I spend 90% of my time in, you may not be happy here. If you just like your room as a place to rest a little and grab a bite, the Carolina Winds is your place, and it offers a great value.

4 Thank sunshine135
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Carolina Winds is an excellent place to stay in Myrtle Beach and a great value. It is conveniently located to all major attractions in Myrtle Beach. Our room was very clean and nice with a fully stocked kitchen and a balcony that overlooked the beach. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We loved how close we were to the beach (just a short walk), and we also enjoyed the pool and the lazy river. Our only complaints are that all of the games in the game room were not working except for the air hockey table, and the jacuzzi had a very overpowering bleach odor. I would definitely recommend Carolina Winds, and we will stay there again when we return to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank tlcvito
Chappaqua, NY
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My family and I just got back from a very relaxing trip from Myrtle Beach.
Carolina Winds is perfect. The room was clean and the resort is very comfortable.
This is our second year going and I would recommend it to anyone. The beach is steps
away and the pool is always fun. We found that the staff were friendly and helpful,

4 Thank luisajoe
Walhalla, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We just recently returned from staying at the Carolina Winds. All in all it was a very nice hotel. The location was excellent and since it was the 4th of July weekend I figured it would be extremely crowded. It was suprisingly not as crowded on the beach as it would have been if we were downtown somewhere. There was always a place to sit by the pool and the kids had plenty of room to play around in the pool. Inside was nice as well. We stayed in room 1009. The room was very clean and there were no stains or any other dirtiness we saw anywhere in the room. The TV's were old and had no audio video jacks so my kids could not play their games. Could have used some updating. The view was great and my oldest son spent a lot of the time sitting on the balcony watching the ocean. The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and we always had plenty of towels. The maid was efficient in cleaning and did the best when cleaning around the mess my kids had made with their things. The only complaint I have about the room is the beds! Both queen beds felt like you were sleeping on a concrete slab. There was no bounce in either bed and my husband and I had a backache the entire time we were there. My youngest son chose to sleep on the couch instead of in a bed. The staff was very friendly upon check in and check out. The restaurant was open the entire time we were there but it was very pricey. We ate lunch on the last full day of our stay and spent $33 for two orders of chicken tenders and fries, a cheeseburger wrap and chips and a hamburger and fries, plus 4 sodas. We could have gone to a nice sit down restaurant and had dinner for that price. If you are planning a visit to Myrtle Beach, I would definately recommend this hotel.

4 Thank donlovesamy