“Awesome vacation!!!”
Review of Carolina Winds

Carolina Winds
Ranked #46 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My husband and I took our children here for a family vacation during Spring Break and it was great! The room we had was Wonderful, everything about it was great. We rented the 3 bedroom oceanfront and it was so clean and big plus it was so close to the ocean with wonderful views of the water. The full kitchen worked out great for cooking being that we didn't want to eat out every meal ( to expensive).The thing that was really great was that they weren't super crowded, my kids had the pools to themselfs about 90 percent of the time. The staff was very nice and helpful. I know we will be returning next year ( maybe this year..lol ) It was so relaxing and enjoyable!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank kathyIllinois
There are newer reviews for Carolina Winds

Reviewed April 6, 2009

Was looking for a realxing quiet weekend getaway and I found it. My wife used to vacation here as a child and I was able to not only suprise her but it was so peaceful staff are great and the cost for the week was a great bargain couldnt get better than this. We are planning to take our daughter next year.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lancenance
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We planned our trip to Carolina Winds as a private vacation for my husband and myself, our reservations were supposed to begin on Sunday ,but we decided to go a day early when we arrived there the staff was more than accomadating to get us in the type of room we wanted and as quickly as possible.

The room was a one bedroom angle oceanfront suite,this was a very nice room and had been well taken care of. The houskeeping staff were always pleasant and prompt about the service.

All in all this was a great place and the wonderful staff helped this vacation be one of the best we have ever had.

I will most certainly go back again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank dkimbro12
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Stayed the week of New Years in an angle , one bedroom. Some of these have obstructed views due to the design of the building. Need to stay in rooms 6,7,9, or 11 for best view. Management was very helpful. The restaurant had an excellent breakfast for the price, very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank MyrtleLovers
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We booked a stay at Carolina Winds after checking the reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We were pleased right from the beginning, from booking to check-out. The front desk staff were always pleasant and friendly. Our 3 bedroom oceanfront condo was exceptionally clean and spacious. The kitchen was well stocked enough for us to cook our Christmas dinner. We were initially told to bring our own towels, but it turned out that they were supplied. I wasn't expecting housekeeping, but we had it everyday. The only disappointment was with the indoor pool and jacuzzi. The area around the indoor pool was not very large and didn't have a seating area. The jacuzzi was across the hall in a very small enclosed room that didn't have enough ventilation. The outdoor jacuzzi was awesome though. It was too cold to swim in the outdoor pool, since they don't heat it after November, but it was still large and very clean looking. The elevators were always really fast.....no long waits.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank norron
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We booked a 1 br oceanfront angle. The staff were pleasant. We were pleased they met our request for an upper floor. The unit was spacious. It was nice to have a bedroom separate from the living room. The view was great. It was also quiet. Cons were that the bedroom furniture, kitchen and bath cabinets were very old and musty. The sheets had some stains. The carpet was old. The toilet was barely flushing and stopped working. The maintenance person came within 10 minutes of our call to the front desk. Sadly, there were rodent droppings under the kitchen sink. The unit must have not been used in a while. When I turned on the shower a blast of brown water came out then cleared. I really like the location but I would rather wait and return after they update the furniture. I noticed the units seem to have private owners so another room may have been fresher.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank love2wander12
Reviewed November 9, 2008

My family had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff is wonderful, we had problems with our air at 11:00 at night and the staff came right then and fixed it. Every hotel room looks out right on to the ocean. The hotel is really close to many of the tanger outlets and shopping malls. My family and I visit this hotel two times a year for over 10 years. I would truly recommended Carolina Winds to everybody. In 10 years I have never had a single compliant.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family