“Long Weekend”
Review of Carolina Winds

Carolina Winds
Ranked #48 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Let me start by saying I have been visiting MB for more than 40 years.I have stayed everywhere,from the dumps at $40 bucks a night OF to the loftier digs at Dunes Ocean resort and more.This was our first stay at Carolina Winds,at 76th Ave,it is a little of the beaten path,which is nice.You avoid a lot of the riff-raff that way.The room was very nice and the granite and furnishings were quite nice also.This unit consisted of a King bedroom,a bath and an OF living area.The balcony was clean and the owner's patio furniture was a definite upgrade from the standard fare.The elevators were always quick to get to the 9th floor,and the pool and beach area were inviting.The front staff were very friendly and helpful.The CONS:The toilet in the bathroom was one of those ultra watersaver 16 oz or so a flush babies.Needless to say I had to hold the handle down for many seconds to get enough water to flush.The pool area had ample chairs,but not much room to turn them towards the sun.Also the standard weekend local riff-raff showed up and pulled a stinking diaper off their baby and left it on the wall beside the pool.That said,I liked this place enough,that I will surely return and stay here again.Thanks to the staff at Carolina Winds.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors,great view,and very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rip D

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We usually stay elsewhere, but for the time we wanted to go the other place wan't 40 bucks more a night. So we chose here.

Parking is excellent. Some of the staff at the front desk could have been friendlier. We appreciated the laundry room, as we were continuing our vacation elsewhere, so it was nice to keep up on it. The room we had was very nice. 2 queens, kitchen, living room and bath of course. A couple of nitpicky things on the bathroom that we didn't bother to complain about. Sometimes you had to hold the toilet handle for a while to get it to flush. The bathroom is dark, so don't expect to do a good job on shaving your legs.

We would visit again, but if I had my grandkids I would probably go to where they had a water slide area for kids.

2  Thank ccarpenter1963
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a very family friendly hotel. You feel at home as soon as you step out of your car at the entrance. The staff is very helpful and nice. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent. They smile and speak to you when you pass in the hallways and on elevators. The rooms are nice. Like all places they aren't perfect, but I felt safe. They are clean. The outdoor pool is heated during the cool months and according to my two boys it is the "coolest pool they have been to so far" and they are 12 and 15. They do have a onsite restaurant, but it wasn't open yet. The indoor pool is nice we had it to ourselves most of the time. They also have an indoor and outdoor hot tub and out door lazy river. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from home, but still feel at home when you arrive.

Room Tip: Angle floor units ending with 7, such as 307 have the best view in my opinion.
1  Thank babygirl101
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Loved this place. Everyone was so nice. Great room pools where great. Stores close by. Beach was not too crowded. Housekeeper was excellent. Desk people was great. My family and I will be returning.......

1  Thank Cory H
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Have been staying here for many years and probably stay at least 4 times a year. have always found the staff from front desk to maintenance extremely courteous and helpful offering suggestions of where to go for entertainment and dining. The location is away from the craziness of downtown, close to good restaurants, Baskin Robbins ice cream and Dunkin Donuts and still not far away from entertainment sources by car. The summer prices are reasonable for what they provide and the off season prices are really good. Have always gotten a good room and several times have stayed in 204 which we really like. Housekkeeping was great and responsive.
We will continue to go back and suggeat you try it out. Once you do, you to will go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sfiaman
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here one night thanksgiving week on our way to florida. I pulled it out of my AAA book after traveling all day from boston are. I loved it so much I came back with a girlfriend for a little vacation. The rooms were so clean and gave us time to relax and enjoy ourselves. walked on the boardwalk and the beach. got up one day and watched the sunrise.... incredible. thanks to everyone for such a welcome while we were there.

Room Tip: our room was equipped for 8 people but there was only the two of us. the view off the balcony was so...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was or first time staying at Carolina Winds and we really enjoyed our stay ! The rooms are large and the facility is great for family ! We are looking forward to coming back real soon !!! The staff was also great and very helpful !!!

Room Tip: The room that we stayed in were very spacious and are well equipped for meal planning !!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family