“Excellent Resort”
Review of Carolina Winds

Carolina Winds
Ranked #46 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My Family and I have been staying at Carolina Winds for over 5 years when ever possible. The resort is wonderful. The location is excellent. The rooms are great. The staff have always been very helpful. I really like the fact that the rooms are very quiet and roomy. My husband likes have a tv that he can watch games on and I can veg out with Life time in the bedroom. The hotel is close to great eating establishments and shopping. The property is clean and it is easy to walk to get ice cream or just look around the beach shops. We love staying at Carolina Winds in the Summer but even more in the Winter months. I have stayed in alot of hotels in Myrtle Beach but Carolina Winds is ALways my first choice.

Room Tip: We like the higher rooms because the veiw is amazing. I have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lori C

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was our first time staying at Carolina Winds Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. Overall, we had a nice stay in our room, # 709. There were a few small maintenance issues that could be attended to, but other than that, the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Once again I visited Myrtle Beach in October and stayed at Carolina Winds. Carolina Winds is one of the gems of the Myrtle Beach area especially when you consider their convenient location, ease of parking, access to the beach and price!! I also love that they have 2 speedy elevators and I did not have to wait any time. I look forward to returning again plus recommending it to my friends.

Room Tip: I love staying in one of the condos on a higher floor because of the view!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Once again we visited Myrtle Beach in November and stayed at Carolina Winds. On our last stay, we noted a complacency among the staff and that our unit was "tired." This visit the staff was friendlier and our unit was cute and recently refurbished. Judging by the number of maintenance staff we saw, the management is committed to keeping this property well maintained.

We will keep on returning again and again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert P
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Carolina Winds for the first time this November! Absolutely LOVED it! Stayed in an owned unit and these ppl have exquisite taste. Was a bit crowed but absolutely lovely! It was just the hubs and I so it was perfect! Location was great, parking easy, no elevator waits, friendly staff, very clean unit and the pool was beautiful. The hot tub outdoors was under maintenance but there was an indoor one for our use. We enjoyed our stay very much and would love to visit here again! Most reasonable rate we could find and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of unit we stayed in. Recommended it to friends!

Room Tip: I don't know about other units but the one we stayed in was owned by the same ppl for many years...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BoonKitten
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great place, great location. Have staued here for the past 13 years. Midway between heart of town and North MB.Far enough out of town to avoid the traffic and noise. Great place to stay....and play since you are equal distance to all shows, shopping and restaurants. Already planning for next year's stay at CW. One minor comment: the "blue" on the roof needs a fresh coat of paint. We always walk the beach for miles in both directions. We could always see the CW from 3 miles away....not anymore.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to recommend the best room for your needs. They are helpful, and very honest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WAYNE R
Reviewed October 30, 2013

From the time I dealt with making my reservation over the phone, until time of check-out I was very pleased. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The view from the top was fantastic. This part of the beach is not as busy as the main section and it was one of the reasons my husband and I chose to stay at Carolina Winds. I just wish we could have stayed longer! The room was clean and we always got fresh towels and linens in our room. I will recommend CW to my family and friends!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple