“five night stay, first time here”
Review of Carolina Winds

Carolina Winds
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bridgeport, Michigan
“five night stay, first time here”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came because of a wedding and our family all stayed here. We had a wonderful time. Would rather stay at Hilton Head though, its so commercialized in Myrtle Beach. Loved the ocean so close to our room!!

Room Tip: We had 3 bedroom oceanfront and loved being so close to the beach
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Family of four enjoyed this resort! Great place, great pool, amazing location to the beach. "Partial" ocean view was great! Highly recommended. Wireless internet was a bit tough to connect to at times but we were on vacation and didn't use it much. Great Place!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 806 and highly recommend it! Partial Ocean view was a lot better than expected, as y...
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been staying here for six years now while on vacation and we enjoy our stay. We like being close to the beach, just walk right out of the hotel and you are there. You cant beat the location and closeness to shopping and resturaunts as far as driving and the views from the rooms are great! Good value for the location, views and beach accessability!

Room Tip: We have stayed on floors 5, 6, 7 and all the way up to 12. Views are great from 5th floor up but les...
1 Thank Jackie G
Ruckersville, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here many years ago, when my children were younger. This is my first time back and was glad I decided to return. Staff is excellent and friendly, always speaks. Since I had a group vacation planned, different people changed plans, and I had to in turn change things after our deposit had been paid, but with the amount of times I called, they took it all in stride, made the changes with a smile in their voice. We were in the one bedroom unit 504, other members of our group were in 505, both excellent. Daughter was in 704, liked that 704 was not carpeted, but tile, makes it look bigger. Pool and pool area is clean.

Room Tip: When making your reservation, ask for one of the recently renovated rooms
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband, four boys ages 19, 17, 12, 10, and my mother stayed there on August 8-15, 2013. We were extremely impressed. We stayed in the 3 bedroom oceanfront deluxe, room 1203. Yes it was a lot more expensive, but totally worth it. We needed a place big enough for all of us and that is what we got. Believe me, you will not get a better ocean view anywhere. The balcony wraps around and the entire living room wall is mirrors. When we sat and ate our meals, we all viewed the ocean no matter where we sat. The place feels very much like home, with books and magazines for our enjoyment. My mom really enjoyed reading the agatha Christie novel that was there. The kitchen really is fully stocked and we ate almost all of our meals in the room. I had brought some groceries from home, and we shopped at the Food Lion. The only negative I can say is that we could not find any hot pads and found it difficult to get food out of the oven. Other than that, it has it all! And almost my favorite thing? A washer and dryer in the suite! I think we did 20 loads that week! So very, very convenient! And one more thing, everybody who works there says hi to you when you see them! Our housekeeper, Hazel, was so nice! If I had to say my least favorite thing about the hotel, it may have to be the indoor pool. Not that it was bad or anything, it just didn't seem to be as nice as the rest of the place and there were not enough chairs to sit in while the kids swam. Ok I am done with my very first hotel review, and I hope it helped you. We are definitely returning and requesting room 1203!!!!

3 Thank Christina T
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful views. Other hotels would call the "ocean view" from the angle suite rooms "ocean front" so don't be fooled by the title. Great rooms, excellent pools, all the amenities. Walking distance to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Groceries and many restaurants. Everything you need is very close by. The updated rooms are, obviously, the best. All of the old issues have been addressed here. We had a beautiful room, 907, all tiles, mounted flat screen, granite and tall counters.

And, come on, any hotel with kitties outside is a great place!

Room Tip: 907 is beautiful. Beds are hard, however. This room contains a Murphy bed rather than a sofa bed, wh...
1 Thank Allison B
Triangle, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

OMG this is the best place to stay. We go to Myrtle Beach every year and by far is the best place. Ask for condo 5001. The staff are so nice. No more looking for places to stay I have found it. Caroina Winds