“kids love it”

Ranked #94 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Erwin, Tennessee
“kids love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

great place for kids! If you're looking for turn down service and mints on your pillow, stay elsewhere. If however you're looking for affordable family fun that is clean and comfortable, then this is the place! Definitely plan on staying here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Greek first
Greensboro, Ga.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

From the start, everything was great. Check in was fast and they even let us check in early {10:45}. The lady was great, explained everything about handicap parking even giving us GREAT advice about parking. Was a little disappointed with the room as it was suppose to be ocean front but the building kinda came out like an L and our view to the left was blocked. The hotel is like a maze. Better send out a scout to start with to find your room and the closest elevator to your room before you start to unload your car. You can really get turned around easily. Also, the elevators are REALLY, REALLY slow. This hotel is the quietest one I have ever stayed in. At 11 o'clock everything has to be quiet. Security and police were everywhere making sure this rule was followed. The bathroom is very small, so if you are disabled like me, it is kind of a problem. They have lots of pools and the kids really enjoyed them since it was so hot at the beach. All in all I would recommened this hotelm for families with kids. The maid service kept our room clean and plenty of towels, etc.

Kingsport, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

My family and I just returned from our vacation and we had a wonderful time. After reading some reviews I was a little concerned, upon check in the lady at the desk was nothing but nice - we were not expecting a 5star resort -and we liked everything we saw. My only complaint would be the construction dumpster in the lower parking area - but only showed updating work was being done. We had a oceanview suite and it was very clean and well kept - no complaints. My kids loved the MANY pools and the bowling was an extra plus! We would stay again and have recommended it to others. thanks again!

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Bristol, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Myrtle Beach for the first time last month. We stayed at Captain's Quarters and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was helpful, and the prices were very affordable. We stayed in a King Oceanfront room and I could not have been more pleased with it. It had a comfy bed, great view, a large kitchen, and great pools. We really enjoyed our stay and will certainly stay at Captain Quarter's again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

I booked at the captains quarters for the memorial day weekend, to celebrate my disabled son's B-day. I read the reviews and was a little hesitant so my husband and I called to ask questions and to be sure that we was getting a valued stay for the money (more expensive due to holiday). We spoke with "Crystal" and thought that she was very informative and helpful. She even took the time to recommend that we book one of the angle oceanfront rooms which were a little more expensive than a oceanfront but she explained that they were nicer rooms because they had been recently upgraded. We arrived late friday night- check in went smooth but when we got to our room we realized it was not what we booked and immediately called the front desk. of course we were told it was what we booked and we explained it was not because we had a regular ocean front which was not as nice nor was it as expensive, so why are we being charged the rat eof the Angled room. The manager "Mark" spoke with us and appologized for our disappointment and agreed to help us find other accomodation (there were none) or refund part our money in the morning. he stated that he would not be in but would leave notes for the morning manager "Bret". The next morning was a nightmare, Bret did not want to even speak with us but Crystal she was not as infornative as she ws previously; however she did reveal that we were charged wrong because someone changed our reservation and we should have been charged ($83.00 ) less which is the rate for the room we got. At that point I realized that we were given the wrong room because the confirmation I received the day I booked was for the more expensive room rate. I was furious but unfortunately my hands were tied since all other places were either booked or required 3 nights stay. ". One couple even stated that the front desk was given out the better rooms to "friends" ( I don't know how true this is but....). We decided to make the best out of the situation becasue at this point it is Sat. @ 1:30pm and the kids are in the room waiting to go to the pool & beach. Throughout our stay we heard many complaints similar to ours so we knew it was a type of "practice that goes on at this resort. My final complaint came when I called for a late check out and was told that the resort only gives out 5 late check out (can you believe this 5 for a resort this big) and they were already given out. I will say that overall we did enjoy our time on the beach at the bowling alley (which my son loved) and at the pool. I also need to mention that housekeeping was good, I had no complaints with them. But I will not book here again because of the lies, and deception which is a shame becasue if you know what your getting and you get what you expect and pay for this could be an ok resort.

2 Thank Dee123_10
Albemarle, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

My wife and 2 small children stayed here for a few nights in May, and we absolutely loved it! We were able to check in early, and they even upgraded us to a suite for no extra charge. The room was immaculate...granite counter tops...flat screen TVs, separate room for the kids to sleep, wonderful balcony with ocean views, etc. The pools were clean, spacious, and in great shape. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a family! We will definitely stay here next year!

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

We had a room in the older tower with an ocean view effiency. The kitchen and bath were a bit dated but the place was spotless and no bugs anywhere. There was a full kitchen with a double bowl sink full size 2 door fridg full size 4 burner range with oven and microwave oven big enough to cook a 12 lb turkey breast. The beds had good matresses. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking. It had everything you would need for cooking and serving 4 except for a frying pan. It even had measuring cup, colander, pitcher and pyrex. Pool area was great clean and large. The staff was very friendly and competent. Had 2 problems on the stay and they were both fixxed within half and hour of being reported to the front desk. My wife who is much more picky than I am thought it was a great place too. She preferred it to the more expensive place we stayed last year and she liked it. Having a full kitchen was great because you do not have to wait in line pay too much for mediocore food at the MB restuarants. Very close to familly kingdom, grocery store and walgreens along with minigolf and clubs.

1 Thank routeguy