“A winter day with the grandboys”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #93 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Concord, North Carolina
“A winter day with the grandboys”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Friendly atmosphere with clean rooms, located well on the beach and in the Myrtle beach area. Indoor pools, 1 game of free bowling and exercise room. Rooms for most any size family. Nice for a get away in the winter.

Room Tip: Nice rooms on the south side on the ocean front with kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Tim R. I wanted to thank you for sharing your comments on this web site. We appreciate your kind words and welcome you back this year to experience all the new things we are adding to Captains Quarters.

Raffael Ormeggio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Greek first
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was a spur of the moment weekend getaway. Low cost but plenty for the money. Our room was an kitchenette but was stocked just as good or better than ours at home. The pools and lazy river are excellent. I had to drag my daughters out as they didn't want to go.

Room Tip: book online for extra discounts
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear James R. Thank you so much for filling out a comment on this website. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you back here soon to enjoy the ongoing modifications we are doing to Captains Quarters.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The room was very clean and had a great view. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was very nice looking and well designed. The staff was super friendly, ccheckin was fast and they even let me check in about an hour early. The breakfast buffett is perfect. The view out to the ocean is great while enjoying your food. You can't go wrong with this place. I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank smaybe01
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Smaybe01, I wanted to thank you for taking the time in filling out a survey on this web site. I also wanted to thank you for your responses and on behalf of myself and the whole team here at Captinas Quarters we welcome you back soon, so we may take special care of you again.

Mullins, South Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had the most wonderful time at Captains Quarter Resort, this is the place to stay if you have kids, there is so much they will enjoy there like the pools, lazy pool, bowling, and arcade. And as an adult you will fill like a kid again. I recommend this Resort to anyone. The staff is wonderful. front desk clerks are awesome. The ocean view was amazing also.

Room Tip: the suite is a good choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Ella G. Thank you so much for filling out a comment. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience you had at CQ. If there is something we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to reach out.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family of four (including two children ages 7 and 12) had a great stay at CQ! The staff were super-friendly, the facility is well-maintained, has lots of amenities (pools, lazy-river, Jacuzzi-es, bowling, arcade, etc). We stayed for 15 days over Xmas and New Year. The kids NYE party was a great value ($10) from 6pm-1am. The kids were hesitant at first about attending however the staff made them feel at home and asked them to give it a try and decide. It was great to get a break from the kiddos and for them to have fun. When we went to pick them up, they did not want to leave. We ended up extending our stay by 6 nights due to flight cancellations and there was still plenty of things to do. I highly recommend staying here anytime of year. The outdoor pools and Jacuzzi are heated!

Room Tip: The angle oceanfront is great for large families (enough beds for everyone and privacy for the adult...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nikki B, I wanted to thank you for taking time in filling out your comment and mentioning our great resort so positivly. We are constantly trying to improve and we invite you back to experience all the new amenities and activities we will be adding very soon. Please let us know if there is something we can do for you in the future.

Goose Creek, Sc
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm staying in the place right now. I've stayed at this resort a few times in the past few years. I've always enjoyed my stays here. I'm staying in a ocean view king room with a kitchenette. The room is perpendicular to their other motel. We do have a nice view of the ocean, since it is above the other hotel. Overall it's a nice room. I just didn't expect tv's too be from the 80's with bad picture quality. The tv I had in the middle 80's had a better picture. I chose to stay here again, because all the other rooms I've been in here had updated flat screen tv, and I'm staying a week. The tv's wouldn't be a problem if it was in the middle of summer, because who stays in the room that much in summer. Yes it's trivial, but it's 2014, I didn't even know this place still had 19 inch CRT tv's, from the past experiences I've had here. It's going to be in the 30's and 40's here in the next few days. I guess I'll pretend it's the 80's and see if I can catch reruns of Night Court and Cheers on tv. Lol

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rustyg64
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Rustyg64, I appreciate you leaving a comment on this web site. We will be updating our rooms as we go through 2014. We hope the rest of your stay was a pleasant one, and we invite you to return soon and stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your future stays with us.

Wytheville
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have not one bad thing to say about this place. Lots of pools and family activities, rooms were VERY clean and kid friendly, Staff was so nice and helpful, great location, and best of all it was at a wonderful price for the middle of august. We did not take advantage of the restaurant so I am no help with that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Dear JRosenbaum, Thank you very much for filling out a comment on Captains Quarters. We appreciate any and all feedback that may help us improve our guest experience. We hope to see you back in 2014 and if there is anything we can do please let us know.