“Wonderful”

Ranked #93 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mullins, South Carolina
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had the most wonderful time at Captains Quarter Resort, this is the place to stay if you have kids, there is so much they will enjoy there like the pools, lazy pool, bowling, and arcade. And as an adult you will fill like a kid again. I recommend this Resort to anyone. The staff is wonderful. front desk clerks are awesome. The ocean view was amazing also.

Room Tip: the suite is a good choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Ella G. Thank you so much for filling out a comment. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience you had at CQ. If there is something we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to reach out.

Raffael Ormeggio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family of four (including two children ages 7 and 12) had a great stay at CQ! The staff were super-friendly, the facility is well-maintained, has lots of amenities (pools, lazy-river, Jacuzzi-es, bowling, arcade, etc). We stayed for 15 days over Xmas and New Year. The kids NYE party was a great value ($10) from 6pm-1am. The kids were hesitant at first about attending however the staff made them feel at home and asked them to give it a try and decide. It was great to get a break from the kiddos and for them to have fun. When we went to pick them up, they did not want to leave. We ended up extending our stay by 6 nights due to flight cancellations and there was still plenty of things to do. I highly recommend staying here anytime of year. The outdoor pools and Jacuzzi are heated!

Room Tip: The angle oceanfront is great for large families (enough beds for everyone and privacy for the adult...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nikki B, I wanted to thank you for taking time in filling out your comment and mentioning our great resort so positivly. We are constantly trying to improve and we invite you back to experience all the new amenities and activities we will be adding very soon. Please let us know if there is something we can do for you in the future.

Goose Creek, Sc
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm staying in the place right now. I've stayed at this resort a few times in the past few years. I've always enjoyed my stays here. I'm staying in a ocean view king room with a kitchenette. The room is perpendicular to their other motel. We do have a nice view of the ocean, since it is above the other hotel. Overall it's a nice room. I just didn't expect tv's too be from the 80's with bad picture quality. The tv I had in the middle 80's had a better picture. I chose to stay here again, because all the other rooms I've been in here had updated flat screen tv, and I'm staying a week. The tv's wouldn't be a problem if it was in the middle of summer, because who stays in the room that much in summer. Yes it's trivial, but it's 2014, I didn't even know this place still had 19 inch CRT tv's, from the past experiences I've had here. It's going to be in the 30's and 40's here in the next few days. I guess I'll pretend it's the 80's and see if I can catch reruns of Night Court and Cheers on tv. Lol

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rustyg64
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Rustyg64, I appreciate you leaving a comment on this web site. We will be updating our rooms as we go through 2014. We hope the rest of your stay was a pleasant one, and we invite you to return soon and stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your future stays with us.

Wytheville
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have not one bad thing to say about this place. Lots of pools and family activities, rooms were VERY clean and kid friendly, Staff was so nice and helpful, great location, and best of all it was at a wonderful price for the middle of august. We did not take advantage of the restaurant so I am no help with that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Dear JRosenbaum, Thank you very much for filling out a comment on Captains Quarters. We appreciate any and all feedback that may help us improve our guest experience. We hope to see you back in 2014 and if there is anything we can do please let us know.

Kernersville, NC
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our first time staying at this resort and it was wonderful The staff was wonderful The front desk clerk who checked us in was named Grady C. sold us on the place immediately. I have never met anyone who went out his way to make us comfortable and even help with our luggage since we were females and so tired and it was late from traveling all day. I highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family it was very nice and clean the house keeping and maintence staff were wonderful also. I have been staying at Myrtle beach my whole life most front desk people could care less if you stay at their hotel or not but definitely not Grady he really does love his job and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor south side have no complaints loved every minute.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Noahkernerville, Thank you for fillingout a comment on this web site. I appreciate your time in letting me know about my staff and I am very pleased to see they took care of you during your stay. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in 2014.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our fist visit to this hotel and was overall a pleasant experience. We stayed for New years Eve and purchased that specific package.The overall hotel seems to be a bit tired. I was told this is one of the older hotels in the area, I can't confirm this.

We upgraded our room to an ocean front room. Our room was an Oceanfront King Room NS. This room was basically your typical hotel room with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was tiny but usable. I requested this room for the privacy and the private balcony. I made my reservations online and specifically asked for the highest floor possible. We ended up on the second floor. We listened to people in the jacuzzi at night and in the morning and listened to a gate slamming shut all night and morning. I suspect this can be a very noisy hotel when busy. You should choose your room wisely. It seems there are many options. One nice feature in the room was the "Clean Remote" remote control for the TV. A remote that can be cleaned easily and has no openings. Considering this is supposed to be one of the items that has the most germs in a hotel room, it was nice to see. On that note, the TV reception and channel options were not the best.

Although we did not use many of the amenities, we walked the property and saw that there is a lot to do. It appeared to be very family friendly. From what I gather, if you stay here you can use all the amenities of their sister hotel, Hotel Blue, down the street.

The New Years Eve event was in the bowling alley. It was fun and we would probably go again however they need more staff at the bar and should consider changing the entrance procedure.

The bowling alley in the hotel is a fantastic idea. There are 20 lanes! It seems updated except the bowling balls. There are also pool tables and arcade games as well as a full service bar.

With the exception of one employee, the ones we encountered were very friendly. Even the ones that worked early into the morning for the New Years Eve event and then were back first thing for breakfast. Good job!

Room Tip: Choose wisely. There seem to be many options. I would suggest the higher the better of you like qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KJE 134, Thank you for submitting a response on this web site. We arppreciate all and any feedback and will look into the noisy gate etc. We hope to see you back soon at Captains Quarters.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel needs a few updates/cleaning (or proper photos on the website to reflect the wear the hotel has sustained) other than that, our stay was excellent. Pools in particular need attention. We purchased the NYE party package which included our room, the NYE party, (bowling, DJ, food, drinks, arcade in the Level6 and lots of other party goers as advertised) as well as breakfast the following morning. As locals, we stay-cation when we can, especially in the "off-season". If you're looking for value and a wide array of amenities, this is a great resort. If you want something fancy and brand new, there are other resorts worth looking into. With that said, we would consider Captains Quarters for future stays.

Room Tip: Ask where your room will be, exactly. --- We asked for ocean front, but I didn't request what fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ReneeM18, I appreciate your feedback recieved from your online response. We are working to getting the resort at a higher level and we hope to see you back soon to see our progress.