This was our fist visit to this hotel and was overall a pleasant experience. We stayed for New years Eve and purchased that specific package.The overall hotel seems to be a bit tired. I was told this is one of the older hotels in the area, I can't confirm this.
We upgraded our room to an ocean front room. Our room was an Oceanfront King Room NS. This room was basically your typical hotel room with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was tiny but usable. I requested this room for the privacy and the private balcony. I made my reservations online and specifically asked for the highest floor possible. We ended up on the second floor. We listened to people in the jacuzzi at night and in the morning and listened to a gate slamming shut all night and morning. I suspect this can be a very noisy hotel when busy. You should choose your room wisely. It seems there are many options. One nice feature in the room was the "Clean Remote" remote control for the TV. A remote that can be cleaned easily and has no openings. Considering this is supposed to be one of the items that has the most germs in a hotel room, it was nice to see. On that note, the TV reception and channel options were not the best.
Although we did not use many of the amenities, we walked the property and saw that there is a lot to do. It appeared to be very family friendly. From what I gather, if you stay here you can use all the amenities of their sister hotel, Hotel Blue, down the street.
The New Years Eve event was in the bowling alley. It was fun and we would probably go again however they need more staff at the bar and should consider changing the entrance procedure.
The bowling alley in the hotel is a fantastic idea. There are 20 lanes! It seems updated except the bowling balls. There are also pool tables and arcade games as well as a full service bar.
With the exception of one employee, the ones we encountered were very friendly. Even the ones that worked early into the morning for the New Years Eve event and then were back first thing for breakfast. Good job!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Captains Quarters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Quarters Family Hotel
- Hotel Captains Quarters Family
- Captains Quarters Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Captains Quarters Motel Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina