“oceanFRONT if you want a good view”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Check in was easy when we arrived. The front desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming. She explained some of what the hotel had to offer. When we got to the room we were disappointed with the view. Apparently oceanview means you'll be looking at a parking lot. We immediately called down to the front desk. The manager, Rachel explained that we wanted oceanFRONT. She said there would be a small upgrade fee and we could go look at the room if we came back to the front desk to get keys. The same girl at the front desk already had keys waiting for us when we got down to the desk. She offered for us to look first, but we decided just to pay and move. This view was much better. Besides this hiccup at the beginning of our trip, everything else was fine. The hotel was conveniently located near everything we wanted to do. The restaurant next store was good and we were glad it was right next to the hotel because we were hungry after traveling. The 6th floor center was nice, but my friend pointed out that many of the games weren't working. The hallways (especially the stairwells) were in need of updating but our room was nice. Overall for the price, we would probably come back but would make sure we ask for the right view that we wanted.

Room Tip: ocean front if you want a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear AshE450, I wanted to thank you for filling out a comment on trip advisor, I am sorry we started off with a hickup, but I am glad to hear my staff took care of it quickly. We will be doing some renovations in the near future and address the hallways etc. If there is something I can do for you in the future please let me know.

There are newer reviews for Captains Quarters Resort

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect when we arrived at Captains Quarters to start our trip. When we arrived we noticed the hotel was a little "out dated" but still pleasant over all. When we reached our first room we were unsatisfied with a few quirks, and the front desk attendant Clarissa was extremely understanding and accommodating. She was able to move us to a different room on the same floor allowing the move to be quick and painless. She definitely made the stay more enjoyable. The hotel has a great location and tons of amenities though we didn't take advantage of them all lol. Thanks to all the CQ staff, its because of you guys CQ will be an option for future trips.

JS

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joy S, Thank you for sharing some important information on trip advisor. I am happy to hear Clarissa took care of you and will be comended by me. I will also ensure you that we will be going under some renovations at Captains Quarters to spruse things up in 2014. I hope to see you all very soon.

Raffael ormeggio

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Jessica was extremely helpful to us. Always with a smile. Thanks Captains quarters is an excellent place to stay. We enjoy all the extra activities that they put together for us to enjoy. We love all the variety in the restaurent for breakfast. Thanks again Jessica

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Csehr, Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survay on trip advisor. I will personally thank Jessica for the customer service she gives and I wanted to thank you also for brining it to my attention. I hope to see you back at Captains Quarters soon and if there is anything I can do to make your future stays great please let me know.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Employee, Rachelle Raymund, knows how to treat a customer. Very polite, friendly and ready to make your visit home away from home. Honestly, I look for her every year because of her customer service skills. Thanks Rachelle for making my stay very relaxing. See ya next year!

Room Tip: Just explain as to what you want, they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carol H. I wanted to thank you for informing us all on Rachelle and her customer service. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for my young family. There was so much to do on the Resort, it made it easy to have fun and still be able to put my little ones down for nap in between it all. The kitchen made it easy to make and chill bottles. Having a living room area gave me and my husband a place to watch tv during the kid's nap time. My family had a great time and while the hotel is nothing fancy it was perfect for my family.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nikki P. I wanted to thank you for taking the time filling out a comment on trip advisor. I appreciate your review, and hope to see you back at Captains Quarters next year sometime. We are constantly improving on the property and encorage for you to experience the difference.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We come to the beach several times a year for a getaway and for cheerleading competitions.
This is a weekend trip gone bad!!! The rudest front desk I have ever experienced. Of all our visits to the beach they needlessly made this the worst trip ever! We tried to resolve the issue with guest services and she made no effort to admit their fault and was reluctant to even get a manager at our request. Rachel the MOD lacks experience and would do well to take a refresher course in customer service. They don't have to worry about a return visit I'll be checking into the Anderson for our next trip.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Creed_86
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Creed 86, I am sorry we fell short of making you happy on your recnet stay at Captains Quarters. I can assure you I will conduct a full investigation on the situation with Rachel and place proper repremand where due. If there is something I can do for you in the future I will assure you I will make it my personal goal to ensure your stay being excellent.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We booked our reservation over the telephone and did not receive an email confirmation despite 2 additional phone calls. Upon late arrival, the front desk did not have our correct package listed, however check-in was quick. We drove up to the parking level for our room and the parking deck was dark and creepy. The exterior doors open up to the parking lot, so either exhaust is being directed to the rooms or headlights will be shining into your room. Upon entry into our "suite" the heat had been left on wide open and the room was "dated." The opening to the other room of our "suite" led us to another icky room with a terrible odor. The "suite" was just two rooms linked together, not the design the website offered. Our oceanfront reservation ended up being a parking lot view. My mother-in-law sat down on the bed and it rolled backward with her. At that point, we decided this hotel was not the place for our family. We asked for a full refund, and the clerk at the front desk did so without arguing. We went a few blocks south and found a perfectly lovely, oceanfront (and clean) hotel for less money. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nlfarrin
Raffael O, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear nlfarrin, I am sorry my hotel did not hold up to your expectaions, the constructive criticism will be used to better serve people in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to letting us know.