“Don't let the bad reviews stop you from giving this place a try”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #96 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was nervous about booking here from all the bad reviews but the price was good so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I didn't listen to the bad reviews because I would have missed out on a really great stay. Check in was fast and easy and the room was ready when we arrived at 2 . The hotel was very clean and we always seen staff cleaning the halls everytime we left the room and the maids did a excellent job of cleaning the room daily. I loved that you could park without having to park across the street . I have stayed at several different hotels in Myrtle Beach and all with parking across the street. Here you park in the connected parking garage and just get on the elevator and go to your room which is great when you have small children like I do. The amenties at this hotel is better than any hotel I have stayed in. The bowling alley and arcade was so much fun and the pirate kids pool was enjoyed by all my kids even my 8 and 12 year old loved that pool as much as my 5 and 3 year old. My parents also went with us and had a room and their room was just as nice and clean as our room. The lazy river was really big and had a great flow. We also enjoyed the hula show we could see great from our balcony and it made my 3 year old and 5 year olds day to get high five salty the shark. We had a great stay and so glad we did not listen to the bad reviews

2  Thank Georgiatraveler47
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you so much for positing a review for us.. We are so glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed your vacation... We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

i will stay again the value was excelent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was plesently suprised at how clean the resort was kept,the elevator was even very clean. The bolwing ally was fun and the breakfeast at vista 9 was very good . the pools were kept very clean we enjoyed our stay very much and the value was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First time at Captains Quarters, recommended by a friend. Impressed with the Motorcycle Parking underground, Food was great at Loco Gecko. The Soggy Dollar was great, Cleaning Staff was very nice, front desk had a great staff. Will definitely be back next October.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review for us, we are so glad that you enjoyed your Fall Bike Rally Week We look forward to seeing you the next one.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here from oct 5 to the 8th. The check in was fast and our room was ready at 2pm. This hotel is steps away from the beach it has indoor pools and outdoor pools as well. The kids and i love it. The price was right and the season too it was not crowed it. The soggy bar had great drink and friendly bartender the bowling alley was great .The food from the loco gecco across the street from the hotel was great. We are coming back next year.

Room Tip: I believe it was moto week and you could hear the bikes from our room . I did not like been awake at...
1  Thank Sindy R
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for us.. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and all the ammenities.. We agree Loco Gecko is such a great addition to our resort... Fun Times and Great Food! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at CQ before & was satisfied but this time around was even better (Stayed 9/28-30/12! Had some problems in the beginning w/1st room but staff & was awesome & made everything right, The room we stayed in was a great room & will be booking again really soon w/CQ before 2012 is over!!!!!Soggy Dollar was the best & night show by the pool!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany M

Thank you for sharing your vacation with everyone. We are so pleased that to hear that you enjoyed your stay and agree the night show is just fantastic.. We are excited to pass your comments onto the staff and look forward to hearing from you soon to book your next vacation.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

we stayed the week of oct. 2 - oct. 7th 2012 in room 948 which was suppose to be one of the updated rooms. the room was very tiny, you couldn't close the bedroom door because it would hit the fridge. and the main entrance door would open up and hit the bed. the wind blew all night through the breeze way and all we could hear was a loud whistling sound because our door was loose and shaking/rattling all night. it took 2 days to get this problem fixed. I had blood stain on my sheets about 12 inches below my pillow. the manager said it was probably just "rust" it was blood im 100% sure of it, but either way those sheets should not have been on the bed. gross ! the wifi was bad most of the time it would not even connect, and when it did connect the signal was super slow. the indoor pool was dirty along the walls. the indoor hot tub had so much chlorine in it that you couldn't stand to even get close to it because of the smell and it would burn your eyes.. 2 of the other indoor hot tubs was colder than the outdoor pools??? i walked out on the balcony and there was a strong marijuana smell from the neighbors next door. we tried to move to another hotel but we were refused a refund . this was the worst experience ever... we will not be back!

Room Tip: find somewhere else to stay, you will be glad you did!
1  Thank Alicia W

We would like to apologize for any incoveniences you encountered while a guest on our property. It is always disturbing to hear of a dissatisfied guest and we would like to hear more from you about your stay. At your convenience you can reach a manager at 1-800-373-4091. Thank you.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We LOVE staying at the CQ! They have something for everyone in my family! Shipwreck Lagoon for the kids, Soggy Dollar for my husband and I, oceanfront, bowling alley for rainy days and has a PERFECT LOCATION!

Room Tip: The oceanview king suites are awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your stay with everyone. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to hae you back as soon as you can.