“April 27-30”

Ranked #94 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Princeton
“April 27-30”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was our first time at Captains Quarters and all in all was a pretty good experience. Loved the angle suite room, it had an amazing view! The pools kept the little guys busy, and the bowling alley was alot of fun. The only issue I had was that my Sister drove down a few hours behind us and we were only allowed one parking space(even tho the hotel was only about half full and had plenty of spaces left) I would defiantly recommend this hotel for a family trip. Its clean, roomy, and lots of fun....just make sure you can fit everyone in one car!

1 Thank Alis780

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Greek first
Randleman, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Had a great stay at Captains Quarters. Was pleased with cleaniness, staff, and room overall great stay, no complaints at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

When we were trying to select a hotel for a last minute getaway, I was torn between two hotels. After reading some of the reviews, it was hands down the Captain Quarters. It is a friendly family hotel with lots of things for the kids to do. We do the bowling, arcade and of course the pools. Missed the Luau, will be going back in June.

1 Thank Msluvjersey
Greenville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This resort is very family friendly and has so many amenities. They even had a Luau show on Saturday night that included the Hawaiin dancers and dancing with fire. The show was amazing and my 10 year said it was her favorite part. We bowled in the bowling center and loved the background behind the pins. It changes colors and motions. The pools were great and not too crowded. We stayed in the OV 2bedroom and had a great view of the ocean and the beds were comfortable as well as the room service was great about keeping us well stocked. We will use this resort again. thanks for making it a pleasant trip!!!!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Let me say I loved my room the view was amazing. Loved eating breakfast at Vista 9 the view was amazing as well. Two weeks ago I went to Myrtle Beach on a quick two day trip with my mom and grandparents and we stayed at the Coral Beach Restor which is about two to three hotels down. My sister and I layed out for three hours and not one single bug flew on me. This week my husband and I went to Myrtle Beach for a four night stay at we chose Captains Quarter. I enjoyed the room a whole lot better at Captains Quarters but there were something that need attention immediately. I'm not sure if the two week difference in the weather brought bugs galore but I wasn't able to lay out for an hour because there were "coddle bugs" flying landing all over me. Coddle bugs is what the hotel attendant told me these insects were I'm not really even sure because I hate bugs. My husband and I were walking poolside everytime I looked back at him he had like four or five bugs that had landed on him. I didn't have this problem at all two weeks prior at Coral Beach Resort and I was outside for over three hours tanning. Vista 9 is great which I can't understand while this restaurant is only utilized for breakfast and hotel guest are forced to eat outside burgers, hot dogs or grill chicken sandwiches cooked on the grill outside or eat deep fried food from the bowling alley otherwise, of course this is if you choose to eat at the hotel. Which only makes sense sometimes when you want a day in with the family. Also the ventilation system in our room was horrible I'm still coughing and sneezing today and my husband was too someone who never gets sick and doesn't take medicine.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This resort has everything you would ever need you don't even have to leave the building if you didn't want to, from the restaurant , the workout room, all the pools, the bowling alley, the game room and pool tables, the laundry room, and right on the beach, what more could you want, and they have alot for the kids

Room Tip: I like the higher floors the best, better view
1 Thank swervinsweety
Mooresville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife, 10 yr old son, and myself stayed here the week of Easter. We had a nice time. We booked the 2 room efficiency and I was impressed. It was very clean and we had plenty of towels. The thing I liked the best is that it had a full size refrigerator and a full size stove. You could easily cook a large meal here.

The pools were great. My son loved them. It was nice they are heated because the ocean water was a little too cold for me.

The hula show was really neat. We enjoyed that.

Bowling alley was fun. It was a nice change to do that one evening.

Only problem if you want to call it that, the walls are pretty thin. You can hear a lot of noise from other rooms at times. I really don't have much of a problem as long as it does not go on all night. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, this is probably not the place. It is meant for family. Lots of kids running around and having a good time.

We enjoyed it. It is definately on our list to stay again.

3 Thank BrownHP
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We strive to do our very best. We are happy that you loved all the ammenities and had fun at our Luau.. Come see us again as soon as you get the chance.