Have stayed at this hotel several times since we discovered it the past few years.
As other reviews say it is all about what room you get. While all of the ones I have been in have been clean and well-equipped, some have been "newer" and "nicer" than others. The oceanfront rooms are the best, the king suite being my favorite with beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows and also a small balcony. Bathrooms are small but have decent size tubs.
Staff is always friendly & accommodating. They take good care of their pools- always see them cleaning, filling them, etc and the pools are heated. The kiddie pirate ship pool is neat and the shark and pirate with parrot make frequent trips around them.
Bowling alley isn't anything for pro-bowlers but what do you expect..it's still neat! Free game before 5pm just pay 2$ each for shoe rentals. The bar has pretty good food, and the price is great during "happy hour" which is actually several hours. Alcohol is reasonably priced for normal vacation places..3-4$ beer and $5-8 mixed drinks. You can also use Hotel Blue swim up bar which is really neat!
Located in a good area of the beach....close to most attractions. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's a great value!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Captains Quarters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Quarters Family Hotel
- Hotel Captains Quarters Family
- Captains Quarters Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Captains Quarters Motel Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina