“Always a pleasure.”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #96 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel several times since we discovered it the past few years.

As other reviews say it is all about what room you get. While all of the ones I have been in have been clean and well-equipped, some have been "newer" and "nicer" than others. The oceanfront rooms are the best, the king suite being my favorite with beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows and also a small balcony. Bathrooms are small but have decent size tubs.

Staff is always friendly & accommodating. They take good care of their pools- always see them cleaning, filling them, etc and the pools are heated. The kiddie pirate ship pool is neat and the shark and pirate with parrot make frequent trips around them.

Bowling alley isn't anything for pro-bowlers but what do you expect..it's still neat! Free game before 5pm just pay 2$ each for shoe rentals. The bar has pretty good food, and the price is great during "happy hour" which is actually several hours. Alcohol is reasonably priced for normal vacation places..3-4$ beer and $5-8 mixed drinks. You can also use Hotel Blue swim up bar which is really neat!

Located in a good area of the beach....close to most attractions. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's a great value!

• Stayed: September 2011
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Thank you for writing this review.. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities. We hope to see you in the future..

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here from Sept. 25-Oct. 1st, 2011. We had 2 families with 2 rooms. The one room was completely remodeled with a nice side ocean view. The room I stayed in was a little dated, but it was clean and had a nice ocean front view. The room was an average size and the bathroom was small...but not a problem for us. The room could use a little updating but it was clean, no bugs...and we enjoyed staying here. There is 2 outdoor pools, a kiddie area, indoor pool, indoor lazy river, and you can use the small pool and lazy river next door & also the swim up bar pool 2 hotels down.

The balcony was average with 2 chairs and a small side table. The kitchen had a full size stove, refrig., microwave, toaster, coffee maker, utensils & our cabinets had plenty of plates & items to cook with. (The only thing I made in the room was breakfast....otherwise we ate out since it was vacation!) There is a restaurant on the 9th floor, but we never tried it. You can also get quick food at the bowling alley but again, we never tried it.

We always had plenty of towels and I had no complaints with our housekeeper. We had a minor issue when checking in, but Alex at the front desk took care of it & no further problems.

I slept in the pull-down wall bed..and no it's not a temporpedic! Not even close...but I was really tired by night and had no problems sleeping on it. Everyone else said their beds were OK to sleep on.

We pulled in the parking garage on the right side of the hotel and it was never crowded and we had plenty of room. The other family we were with pulled in the larger parking garage since it was closer to their room and they said it had more space to get around in than the other places we have stayed in Myrtle Beach.

Again, we did have one room completely remodeled and the other room could use some updating...but was clean. We have all decided that when we come back to Myrtle Beach, that we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your room and all the amenities. We strive to do your very best!! Hope to see you in the near future..

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We got in early and went ahead and paid the remainder of our balance. Our room wasn't ready yet so we decided to go out and we gave our number to the front desk... they never called. We finally check in and get to our room... it was horrible! Room 210 smelled like smoke and mold. The comforter had some sort of stain all over it and there was hair in the sheets when I pulled it back!!! Gross!!!! I went to complain and the female at the desk was so rude when I asked to speak to the manager. They gave us room 610 and was just as bad. The manager wad rude when I asked for a refund. I would have rather slept in my car! We gladly paid extra money to stay somewhere else! The picturesmanager on the the website mist be from another hotel, it looks nothing like the photos. My favorite part was when i was getting my refund, they had they had the nerve to ask if it needed to be cleaned.... gosh, ya think?! Beware and stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank bbono599

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to apologize to you since we did not meet your expectations while you stayed with us and your comments have been passed on to the appropriate managers.. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We arrived at CQR on a Sunday for a weeks stay (on our honeymoon)! Once we FINALLY got checked in, we walked up to our room and there was another couple in OUR ROOM! They had just checked in too! The manager gave them another room and just watched as they loaded their things onto a luggage cart..never offered them any assistance! That was just the beginning of our many problems. The ac went out later that night, maintenance came in and flipped a switch and it started working again only to go out the next day. They replaced the ac with another one that DID NOT work! Finally we moved to another room. My asthma began to bother me and I couldn't figure out why..until I looked at the ac! It was FULL of mold! They replaced this ac with another one..that once again DID NOT work! We were given 2 free nights, 10% off our stay and 2 free dinner passes to the hotel restaurant for Italian night..which, to me, is not sufficient for all the problems we had. We used the dinner passes..however, the food tasted like it tv dinners! They were out of almost everything and people were just standing around waiting on food to be brought out. We ended up leaving and going somewhere else for dinner! I would not recommend CQR to anyone!

2  Thank JMyers91011
Reviewed September 17, 2011

While not the best hotel in Myrtle Beach, CQ is still a good place to stay for the money. Needs improvements but so do a lot of hotels in Myrtle Beach. My wife and I stayed 9/11/11-9/16/11 and while not everything was perfect, we had a great time. CQ is better than their #114 rating. If you're just looking for a comfortable clean bed and clean towels then this is the place for you.They have 2 outdoor and one indoor pools and a nice wading pool area for kids and their parents. We had an angle oceanfront room which gives you an ideal view of the sunrise. While some of their excercise equipment needs upgraded, they have installed newer treadmills since we were there last year. A good place for the whole family or couples. Hope to go back there again.

Room Tip: The angle oceanfront rooms have two seperate bedrooms and seem to be quieter. Ask to see your room...
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was a very nice hotel. The staff was very attentive and they had lots of fun things to do. We stayed in three different rooms during our stay: an efficiency, king suite, and "old building". The king suite was definitely the best but lacked the kitchen of the efficiencies. I can see why some reviewers advise to be careful about room selection as the efficiencies are a bit worn. If you are not happy with your room, one trip down to the desk and they will happily move you to a different room if it's available. The hotel had lots of great family friendly activities. The breakfast buffet was nice and a good value, but I didn't receive any service from the wait staff. It's my fault though - I should've spoken up!

Room Tip: Go look at your room before moving all of your luggage in. The front desk will gladly move you to a...
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This resort exceeded our expectations and we will definately be going back. There was so much for the kids to do and it is literally right on the beach. We went with 4 other families and had the best vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family