“Not bad!”

Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not bad!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I've been going to the Breakers North Tower resort for at least 8 years. All my 8 years have been pleasant. First, walking in, the lobby is clean, with satisfactory service. Even though I have to admit, the parking could be improved. Going out to the pool, it is usually clean, cleaned every hour or so. However, one day, I went out for a swim, and there we doughnut pieces around, and inside the pool, that look as if they had been littered, or thrown off of a balcony. The pool is small. The kiddy pool is ridiculous. It's FILTHY. Full of leaves, sand, and other debris. The housekeeping isn't very professional. They bust into the room around 8 am, while some people are still sleeping, with a loud vacuum cleaner. You could be awaken by hearing the housekeeping staff outside your door speaking VERY loudly. Other than that, they do a good job cleaning up things. They shower, is very small. The force is very delicate. The water is barely able to be felt. Over all, the Breakers is a nice hotel. Excluding the fact that there are more than a few kids. You could never be sure if the guest that is swimming in the pool is from the Breakers or not! In all, the Breakers is in good condition.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewTwins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
chicago
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The building is dirty, old, and in need of a complete renovation. The first night when we arrived, the elevator was not working. It stopped a few times and we reported it to the front desk. We were on the eighth floor so had to make the climb. The next night, we were woken at 1:30 a.m. with the emergency alarm sounding. We had to evacuate the building. Apparently water in the elevator shaft caused the alarm to activate. We climbed back up 8 flights and went back to bed. An hour later, the alarm sounded again. The fire department was there again. The hotel staff then TURNED OFF THE FIRE ALARM so it would quit going off. The next day, the elevator didn't get fixed until late afternoon. So we were climbing again. The staff was rude when we inquired about the elevator being fixed. We also had a cockroach in our room. I would NEVER stay here again. For over $200 a night, you can find somewhere cleaner and safer than the Sailfish. It was TERRIBLE!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank renko
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I and 3 friends stayed were booked for 5 days in a suite.. The rooms were nice but the housekeeping was not that great. We had a lunchable container on the balcony from a previous tenant for 3 days. Finally, someone cleaned it up along with the balcony. We also had some strange bug in one of the bathrooms and on the last day I killed a cockroach in my bathroom. My biggest complaint was the parking. We drove down from Cleveland in a Dodge Ram extended cab. It's a big truck, we also had someone with us who was handicapped. The hotel parking is not friendly for a large truck, the first day my husband scraped the side of the truck trying to maneuver around the corner. We went to the front desk and complained about the parking, the evening manager suggested we park in a small area that already had 3 other trucks parked there. I really can't explain the way they were parked but my husband refused as the other 3 trucks would have had a hard time pulling out. We also, talked with a security guard and valet from Patricia Grand, who suggested we parkin the this alcove that had a no parking sign there. We did, and the next morning we again rec'd a telephone call but this time from the manager of the Patricia Grand who was very nasty and said we could park in that area in the evening but we had to come out during the day and make sure there wasn't anywhere else to park because if there was they would tow the car away.
My response was, you expect me as a guest on my vacation to go to the parking lot thruout the day to make sure there wasn't a spot. This was an issue every day of our vacation, expecting us to park somewhere and then make sure the truck was moved during the day if there was a handicapped area open. I also suggested the security guard call the patrons that were in handicapped with out the sticker. He didn't think that was a good idea, he rather call us everyday to move our truck around. One of your managers even told me our parking issue was not his problem. The gentleman working the front desk on Thursday was the only one who accomodated us, he seemed to find a solution where the others could not.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My mom and I just arrived home today from our Myrtle Beach trip The Breakers North Tower. I wasn't sure what to expect, however, I was totally surprised. We pay around $100/night for an oceanfront room. The hotel also now has a continental breakfast from 6:30 to 10:30 which was a pleasant surprise as well. The people were friendly and the location was awesome. I've stayed in North Myrtle Beach previous which sucked compared to our central location. It's much less commercial and the food prices at restaurants around the corner are low! It's also within walking distance to the Sea Captain's House which is a great place to eat for dinner.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank katiebug19
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed May 19, 2010

The Breakers North Tower is a real find. Our group went down for Bike Week...Sorry to say a real disapointment....and once again stayed at the North Tower.This was our second year and once again we had a total blast. The friendly and helpful staff and the efficent housekeeping all made our stay hassle free. The large hot tub and heated pool all made for an enjoyable pool area time.....Of course if the bar was open more.......Our corner suite and add on room were large and full equipped.
The large parking tower allowed me to kep my bike trailer indoors and security allowed me to enjoy my stay and not worry about the bike or my car. The hotel's location is right down the street from the board walk and close to many excellant dining venues........The main Breakers resort is a short walk away and they have all the things a family would need.....One of the reasons the North Tower is wher I stay...All the kids are down at the main resort.
If your looking for an affordable and fun place....Stay at the North Tower....Thanks to Ann and Marleen....You ladies are the best.
Charles Daugherty

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
suebelk
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed at the North Tower -- and had a great time. I'd have to say the location is one of its best features. Near everything but a couple of blocks off the "too busy" area near the main Breakers. Go North Tower -- ask for a top floor so you can enjoy fabulous views.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank suebelk
martinez
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We decided to give Breakers, Sailfish Tower a try this year. We loved the smallness of the building. It was less crowded, more quiet and the elevator was quick with no waiting.
Our room was a 2 br, 2 ba with living room and full kitchen. The spacious design impressed us the most. The two twin beds advertised were full size and there was a tv in that bedroom which I wasnt expecting. Having the full size frig and the washer/dryer was a plus. We also had a balcony that extended the length of two rooms. In addition, we had a large deck area on the side of the room where you could lay out or just relax.
If you drink coffee, take your coffee and filters. We took a cup at a time machine with us.
We were very close to all amenities of The Breakers hotel and at the same time we had a pool area and a grassy area to lay out. There is a Breyers ice cream shop/Jaybos pizza shop across the street below the parking deck. That was very convenient and the pizza was awesome. We would definitely stay at Breakers Sailfish again. IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH SMALL CHILDREN, YOU MIGHT RATHER STAY THE TOWER WHERE THE PIRATE SHIP IS.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family