“Great vacation location!”

Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Central Iowa
“Great vacation location!”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Breakers North Tower. We would definitely return. We were in an oceanfront king suite and loved it. We had a good sized living room with a fold-out sofa and chair, with a tv in a cabinet with extra drawers in case you need them. While we didn't need the fold-out sofa, it would be nice if you had an extra person.

The kitchen was a big plus. The washer and dryer were like new and we used them several times. It had a full oven, stove, full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and plenty of cupboards and counter space. It had a coffee pot and toaster. They provide paper towels, pots and pans, baking dishes, plates, glasses, silverware, sharp cutlery, spatula, even a corkscrew. They even provided a little packet of dishwasher soap and a small bottle of liquid dish soap, plus a kitchen towel and washcloth.

You'll need to bring your own coffee, but there are plenty of places to stop and pick up groceries or whatever else you need.

The view was spectacular and we sat on our little balcony every morning. The bedroom sits at an angle, so we also had a beautiful ocean view from the bedroom. It had a good sized closet and the bathroom was clean. It would be nice to have a little more counter space in the bathroom, but no big deal. Don't miss out on an ocean view room. We got a great deal and loved the view.

The pool was very warm and comfortable and we had no problems finding a pool chair or beach chair. This may vary depending on the season. We were there the last week in April and the weather was perfect -- 78 and sunny every day.

We golfed and particularly enjoyed The Wizard and Arrowhead. Check the local paper, which you can pick up in the hotel lobby, for daily specials at area courses, then take the ads with you to the golf desk in the main Breakers resort and they can tell you which courses they recommend. Prices were much, much lower than we found online prior to our stay.

A couple restaurant tips -- we ate at Captains Seafood, a couple blocks north right on the beach. It was a nice view, but I thought the food was so-so. I ordered flounder, my husband ordered a steak.

One afternoon we stopped in Ultimate California pizza and the pizza was yummy. We also ate at Shuckers a couple of times, just because the home-made fries were so good. It's definitely not a fancy place, but fun for a casual lunch.

My absolute favorite was a recommendation by a guy we golfed with one day. He goes to Myrtle Beach each spring, so knew the area. The restaurant is called Finocchio and I believe is in Garden Grove. It's about a 25 minute drive. We pulled up and had second thoughts, as it's in a strip mall type area and the front wasn't that inviting. We walked in to a friendly bar and white table clothes and the friendliest people ever. They had a nice menu plus daily specials. We both ordered a glass of the house wine -- he had Chianti, I had the cabernet which was smooth and enjoyable. My husband ordered lasagna which covered his entire plate. He loved it. But mine was the best! I swear it's one of the best things I've ever eaten. It was one of their daily specials -- large sauteed shrimp and asparagus spears on a bed of rigatoni with a light white wine and marinara sauce. It's literally making my mouth water thinking of it :) The next time we go back to Myrtle Beach, that will be the first restaurant we visit.

We also went to Broadway at the Beach and ate at Tony Roma's, which was good, but it's really more fun to try the local places, in my opinion.

We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go back again and again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IowaSummer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed in a 2bed and 2bath beach front and it was very nice. They had just updated everything. Rooms and Bathrooms were very clean. Kitchen had everything you needed. It had many pools, all clean. The staff was nice, not sure about helpful but I never had to ask them anything. The location is GREAT! Had many restaurants around and attractions like mini golf that you could walk to. Will go back and stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We took a family vacation to Myrtle Beach and decided on staying at the Breakers North Tower. We chose to stay on the Royal Suite which had 2 bedrooms (master bedroom had king bed with bathroom and the 2nd bedroom had 2 queens and a bathroom.) This room was unbelievable! Not only was it large but it was clean and had beautiful views of the ocean from all rooms. The kitchen was very nice and clean with all of the supplies we would need for making our meals. Next to the beautiful ocean views and the great decor the next best thing about our room was the washer and dryer. With a family of 5 this came in very handy!

The customer service at the Breakers North Tower was excellent aside from the "concierge" at the main registration area. The front office staff were friendly and helpful and very courteous. We did arrive at Myrtle Beach 3 hours earlier than expected and we were very tired. It was not check in time yet but the ladies at the front desk put a rush on the cleaning of our room. We were able to check in a few hours early! That was a great relief since we had been driving all night!

Our only customer service complaint - On our last day there, it was breezy and raining so we decided to use the indoor pools at the main resort. I was unsure of which entrance to use to get there or where to park. Upon walking into the registration area I stopped at the concierge desk to get directions. He was sitting in his chair with his feet up on his desk talking to another man about some sort of tickets. He ignored me for a while until I finally talked over him to ask him where to go. He gave me the wrong information. Nice.

The outdoor pool and hot tub at the Breakers North Tower was very nice and accomodating. We spent time out there the first few days and have no complaints.

We will definately stay at the Breakers North Tower when we return to Myrtle Beach. My husband and I loved it and most importanly my kids had an awesome time! I recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank willntracy
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at the Breakers Resort North Tower and I loved it again!!!
The room I always get is the side ocean view 2 double beds Efficiency! Its really not a side view but an ocean view! Its awesome!! The room is on the small side but it is perfect for sleeping and it does have a refrigerator and microwave plus free wi-fi in the room! Plus I love waking up looking at the ocean!! The pool is on the small side but does the job and its just steps away from the ocean!! It is great!
To find the best value for this hotel visit the hotels website.

I will definitely be back there again!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
columbus
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I wanted to share my experience I had with Mary over the phone while making a change in my reservation, I had previously booked. Mary was extremely helpful and a very pleasant to deal with. Thanks for your kindness and keep up the good work MARY! I appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Barker -Spring Break 4/2009
Columbus, Ohio

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
upstate ny
Reviewed March 9, 2009

The north tower at breakers resort is great. Room was very clean, Plenty of towels, and huge! Had a living room and full kitchen in the ocean front queen sweet with full size stove, fridge, and even a washer/dryer unit in room, all with granite countertops. Man this place is great. We had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable, and provided an awesome view of the ocean. Balconey attached from living room to bedroom and is very large. Had 4 chairs on it and a little table with room to spare! TV in both bedroom and living room. The pool and hot tub were both sparking clean , and you can walk right out to beach from the property. All in all the most relaxing stay I have ever had!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank camviperride
North Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Overall the hotel was very nice. I liked that there was access to the balcony from the bedroom as well as the living room. There was a washer/dryer in the room which was very convienent.

The room was very cozy and quiet. The mattress could have been softer and I did not like that the indoor pool was several blocks away at the main breakers resort.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple