“Great stay!”

Ranked #12 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great stay!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for New Years Eve. We went to Broadway at the Beach to bring in the New Year. We stayed in the North Tower for 3 days/2 nights.We loved this place!! We had a one bedroom suite oceanfront. We were on a high floor-13th I think?? The elevators are super fast and never got backed up.

The front desk staff is great!!! They are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly and accommodating. Even when coming in and out they say "hi" and greet you as you walk by.

The room was a nice size. It has a full kitchen, dining area and bedroom. The couch wasnt the most comfortable, but ok. Something was up with our microwave but it still worked and did the job. The bed was GREAT!! It was so comfy! There is a sliding door in the bedroom and in the living room leading out to the balcony. I slept with the door cracked to get that comfortable ocean breeze while listening to the ocean. I could sleep like that every night!! The closet is very big in the bedroom. Only thing I didnt like is the living room area is small and to have a center table, couch and side chair seemed a bit much to me.The pools were nice as well.

You park across the street in the parking garage which has more than enough space. I loved the Breakers and do plan to return here again!! So far, this is my favorite hotel in MB and I have been staying here in hotels for about 12 years!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dani_2610

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2012

we have been going to the breakers resort for the past 18 years we love it there it seems to get better every year. service is excellent we had a couple of minor problems one with a tv and one with the in room safe- we reported it to the front desk -it seems like we just hung up the phone and the staff was there to assist us both times,

Room Tip: we have always stayed in ocean front rooms so i would book as early as possible especially if going...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janice k
Osceola, Missouri
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Let me preface this by saying that the resort is geared toward families and I was there on business, it was not what you would expect for a business setting, but seemed ideal for families. It sat right on the beach which was great, nice pools, hot tub and lazy river. The rooms were equipped with a stove, refrigerator and microwave as well as with a kitchen sink and basic kitchen items which I was not expecting. The bathroom was small and the finishings were not fancy, but adequate for a family who wanted to stay and play at the beach! So great for families, not ideal for business. The staff were all very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna0801
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon two years ago, and again this past May for our anniversary. We always stay in the North Tower. We don't have kids so we enjoy being away from the lazy river, and kid's area. It's usually couples, and groups of people who stay here, and we've never had a problem with noise, or kids running around. The room we stay in is amazing. Separate bedroom that closes off from the living space, a full kitchen with a washer and dryer, and a balcony that opens from the living room and the bed room. The rooms have always been clean. We've made breakfast in the morning, run the dishwasher, and when we come back, the dishes have been put away. The washer and dryer are apartment-size standard, but big enough to do the days worth of clothes. You would think you wouldn't want to do your laundry while on vacation, but coming home after a two week stay, with a suitcase full of clean laundry is amazing. We always have an amazing view, and I have zero complaints with the staff or facilities. It's within driving minutes of everything, and is right on the beach. Watch out for the parking garage though, it's a little bit narrow, and I've seen people drive hit the walls several times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovexxbella
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great location. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Very nice to have a delicious continental breakfast every morning with a great view of palm trees and yellow/white striped cabanas! Fast elevator which is nice when staying on the top floors. My only negative would be the hard mattress and sometimes bad Internet connection. But it is most definatly a hotel I will book in future trips!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Pamarbo
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had a great time visiting Breakers and Myrtle Beach, had a great view of the Ocean and my room was neat and clean. The staff was very helpful with any questions that i had. I want to come back soon to experience the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and we also had another room when we checked in our first night. The bed...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori H
millwood, west virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just returned home. Another great week, stayed in the Paradise tower. The service was great. Like to give a special thanks to Vernon Nanan for the patience and help, he gave my kids. Nice young man. Would like to see the pebble gravel by the pool replaced with the artifical grass, they used by lazy river. It makes it hard to walk around the pool area. In the past, the Dj used to have more contests and prize give aways (t-shirts, ect.). Like to see that return. It is one of the main reason for us staying at the Breakers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family