“Ready to go back, and I just got home!!!”

Bar Harbor Motor Inn
Ranked #161 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I absolutely LOVED!!! my stay at Bar Harbor! My fiance and I stayed in the King Suite Bedroom and had no problems! Anytime we asked for anything, the Bar Harbor staff was happy to oblige. The view from the window and balcony was to die for, and in fact we plan on staying again next year. Anyone who has any complaints about his place is just too high maintenance!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MtlBeachGirl
There are newer reviews for Bar Harbor Motor Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2009

My family and I went down and stayed at the Barf Harbor with friends and this was the worst experience at Myrtle Beach I have ever had. We stayed in the South tower on the 5th floor. The "executive Suite". Our bedroom was next to the elevator from hell. The loudest!
The carpet was nasty, toilet would barely flush and ran water all the time, The light bulbs were mostly out or missing, The ceiling was flaking paint onto the beds, the shower wouldn't drain for hours and to top it off we had a group of thugs and thugettes come into the room beside us for the last 2 nights and you could smell the crack and weed smoke from the wide gap under the door. Obviously there was no security We tried to call the front office but got no answer. They beat and banged the walls and doors all night both nights.
The pool wasn't filtering and pool carpet was in very unsafe condition.
We basically stayed away from the hotel as much as possible and bought a peice of carpet for our son to play on to keep him off the carpet.
Our friends rooms were in similar condition and all agreed never to book there again.
If you read a good review about the Barf Harbor I will bet the staff wrote it.
Stay Away!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank birdybogey
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bar Harbor 9/20/09 thru 9/25/09. The rate was good, needed serious upgrades, but I was able to take my dog so I took the good with the bad and called it a wash. However, I did not expect to be stolen from and as of this day (we are home now 9/26/09) I have not been able to talk with any management. I went to the fron desk twice, my husband went once. I know the money was taken on 9/23/09. We have received not even an apology or acknowledgement from the management. If you go be prepared, hide you your stuff good (I thought I did)!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaxonVa
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stayed at bar harbor a couple years ago & it seemed ok then for the price and everything. This time was a disaster. As soon as I walked in the room I didn't even know why they had maids...considering the room was nasty. I have my year old with me & I started cleaning everything before I would even set up her pack & play. WE had to wait ALL day long to get any towels. DONT STAY HERE if you have children.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsHeath000
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This place is horrible!! We booked our stay a month in advance, based on the great rates. At the time that we booked our stay, we were very insistant on staying on a higher floor. The lady with whom we booked the reservation assured us that we would be on the 7th floor. Upon arriving, we were told that our room was on the second floor. We reminded the lady (Mona) at the front desk (this lady was the same lady with whom we had booked our reservation over the phone) that we were promised a 7th floor room. She said that she didn't have any more rooms available and could not move us. Reluctantly, we proceeded to check in anyway, but went up to check out the room before we unloaded our luggage. The room was very outdated, smelled horrible, door did not close properly, there was only one chair on the balcony and balcony was filthy. Grounds were not maintained. Shrubbery in front of the room was almost high enough that we couldn't see the beach. We immediately went back down to the front desk to complain about the room and once again requested that we be moved to another room. At that point, Mona, explained that she had another room that she could put us in. The room was exact, except on a higher floor and had two queen beds instead of one king. We agreed to take the room, but Mona and another gentleman (I am assuming was maybe the owner/Mona's husband???) explained that if they moved us to that room, there would be an additional $80.00 charge. We did not accept his offer, based on the fact that we requested a higher floor to begin with. We requested a refund. Unfortunately, we had paid the deposit on our credit card when the room was booked. They refused to refund the deposit in cash (although we had booked a month earlier and it had already cleared our account). They insisted that it must be charged to the same card. I explained to Mona that we had closed the account because of fraudulent activity on our account and the card that we had put the deposit on was no longer a valid card. Her remark was "why would you close an account?". At this point, we were furious. Why was it her business that we had closed our account??? Finally, she agreed to credit the money to another card, which was not an immediate credit. It took three days to credit. Luckily, when we checked in, we paid in cash and was able to get that refund immediately. Nevertheless, we left and stayed at another hotel. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. PEOPLE ARE RUDE AND UNHELPFUL. THE PLACE IS A DUMP!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Worst hotel we have ever seen. We stayed at this hotel 20 years ago and it was nice. It is a dump now. The paint was peeling off the walls, door to the room did not shut properly, bathroom had hair in it, carpet was nasty. Non smoking room; however, smelled very bad. Have been trying to recieve refund for deposit but no luck so far. Have contacted credit card company for assitance. Manager will not return calls.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kendarCharleston
Reviewed August 16, 2009

All I need is a clean room that is safe and secure you do not get this with The Bar Harbor Motor Inn. The place is run down. Doors do not properly close, maids do not properly close the doors when they exit. What the housekeeping does is beyond me. She seems to clean one room the whole time while dropping off a towel or two when she feels like it. Sheets were to be changed every 3 days. Well in a weeks time they were never changed or the room vacummed. The place is have way maintained. We will never stay again. The staff seems to mostly look the other way when you let them know of problems and they don't care what goes on.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family