“Hell Yeah Bar Harbor”

Ranked #164 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
West Virginia
“Hell Yeah Bar Harbor”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Awesome staff, great location and excellent amenities!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelgirl5545

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I recently moved away from Myrtle Beach and whenever I go back to visit, my children and I stay here. We have made the trip at least 4 times in the last 2 years and always stay at Bar Harbor. We always have a good time. The ocean front access, location, and all the amenities make for a very enjoyable vacation. The staff at Bar Harbor are friendly and helpful. It's feels good to find a place that you feel comfortable bringing small children (mine are 1 and almost 3). It is a fantastic, affordable family vacation!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I recently stayed at the Bar Harbor in Myrtle Beach and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. We had an efficiency which included a refrigerator, microwave and stove. Everything was supplied (pots, pans, toaster, etc.) and was in very good condition. The room was clean and neat and everything was in good working order.

The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Any requests we made were taken care of immediately and efficiently. They seemed to be dedicated to making our stay enjoyable.

The hotel is conveniently located for access to restaurants and entertainment. The view from the balcony is outstanding and wonderful. If you are looking for an ocean front room with a marvelous view at a very reasonable rate, this is the place for you.

They have two pools which seem to be well maintained. The hotel next door has a lazy river which the guest are permitted to use and is great for children.

I highly recommend this hotel, and commend its staff for making my stay enjoyable. I plan to vacation there as often as possible.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Lets just say after a day of room searching and staying in north myrtle beach this place looked like the hilton from the outside, I did however go and look at the room before deciding and paying but how much in depth can you look doing a "walk through". The room was way outdated along with the kitchen, the chairs on the balcony were broken and it had little chunks of cement and god knows what else laying out there. The house keepers "cleaned" our room once in the 5 nights we stayed, the most they done was bring clean towels & washcloths...I know for a fact they never vaccumed or changed the sheets on the bed I had to go and find the utility room and vaccum myself! We ended up having to check out a day early in which case I called down to the office to make sure we could get our money back for the one night and the night clerk said it shouldn't be a problem since we paid cash to come in before 11 which was checkout time the staff that was on shift said that a check would be sent out by the end of the week and we should get it within the next week...Well that was a MONTH AGO!!!! I have called now for three weeks, I finally got ahold of the "manager" and he said a check was sent out on the 16th which is funny because we didn't even check out until the 16th so there is no way that happened he proceeded to tell me that a check would be re-sent...well that was last week and I have yet to see it and I know it doesnt take more than 3 days to send something in the mail from there because we sent postcards back home while we were on vacation and it took 1-2 days max. I am VERY disappointed with this place and I will NEVER stay here again!

• Liked — The beach was beautiful!
  • Disliked — Everything else that came along with it!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tickledprettypink

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

NC
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My sister and I spent a week at the Bar Harbor. We had an excellent experience with our stay there. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The service was great - our room was cleaned everyday and provided with everything we asked for or needed by the cleaning staff. If we asked for anything, it was provided before we could turn around. The room was very clean. We stayed on the first floor and loved it there. We felt safe and secure because of the deadbolts on our doors.

We would like to thank everyone for making our vacation enjoyable and fun.

We recommend this hotel highly for anyone who wants a wonderful experience in Myrtle Beach.

We liked it so much we are booking for next year, and will be booking every year from now on.

Billie R

• Liked — Excellent service and staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank grandmaNc
Kentucky
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Prior to booking on-line via the hotel website I read all the reviews posted here. Not great but nothing to warn me off, plus had stayed there previous years and enjoyed the stay. I was disappointed this year. Hotel has seen better days inside and out, no apparent efforts to "spruce up" buildings or rooms in general. However the staff was very helpful and friendly. After canceling our stay and moving to a different location for the remainder of the week we found out that the Bar Harbor and many other hotels between the last 2 piers have been sold and replaced by condos. No wonder there were no upgrades or replacements of worn carpet or repainting done!

• Liked — no comment
  • Disliked — no comment
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2008

From the outside the hotel looks fine but when we went to bed my husband said something smelled. At 2:00 am he finally got out of bed because the mattress smelled so bad. It smelled like someone had died on that side of the bed. We were moved to another room which they said was the honeymoon suite. That room was smaller than the first with no kitchen counter, table or sofa which the first room had. The new room had the moulding falling off the bottom of the wall. The refrigerator stopped working so we called for service. The maintenance guy that they sent to the room was irritated because it was his day off. He was very rude and said the refrigerator was working but he didn't know if it would keep working which it didn't. The next maintenance guy that came was nice but he said the outlet was only half working. They had about 5 things plugged into the outlet which is why it probably over loaded. The room was never vacuumed during our 3 days and it wasn't vacuumed before we checked in because there was dirt on the floor and pieces of a broken fork. We had our own blanket and spread because we wouldn't lay our heads on those dirty pillows or but the comforter next to our skin. The elevator sounded like it would break down at any minute. It was metal grinding on metal which we got to listen to because our new room was right next to the elevator shaft. The staff at the office did not want to hear any complaints. They did not seem concerned at all. One guest was even having trouble getting sheets for her bed. The staff said they didn't have any to give out.
Disgusted traveler

• Liked — only thing god was on beach
  • Disliked — smelly dirty place
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family