I guess in years past this may have been a nice hotel. Asked for a no smoking room and was told they don't have no smoking rooms.. Asked for keys to see other rooms and saw 6 before we could find one that we would even consider sleeping in. Either smelled like paint or cigarettes. The carpets in all were filthy. I wore socks to walk on the floor the whole time. The tile floors were sweating and slick. The door had a one inch crack under it so anything could slither in. The walls were cracked and peeling in all of the rooms and the baseboards were all missing. In the first room we were given, the air conditioning was broken. We asked for maintenance and when they never came we asked to see the 5 other rooms. I guess we chose the least disgusting of the 6. The room still smelled like smoke but was not as bad as the other 5. The telephone receiver was filthy. The wooden furniture had spills on it that had never been wiped off. One of the legs of the coffee table was about to fall off. The carpet had cigarette burns and looked like candy or gum was gound into them in several places. The bathtub and shower could have used a good scrubbing. There was a note to wash the dishes or there would be a 50 dollar charge to your credit card. "What dishes"? There was one fork, 2 spoons and one butter knife.
There were 2 plates, 2 glasses, and a few coffee cups. Bought eggs and sausage so we would not have to go out for breakfast, but had to cook them in a pot because there was no frying pan.
Most of the outlets did not work. There was no hair dryer or iron.
They are suppose to be queen beds but they are not. Old mattresses that feel like you are sleeping on a rock. So old that they dip in and you feel like you are in a hole. The elevator is a nightmare. You wonder if you will ever get out. The electrical system if ripped out of the wall and is a fire hazard. The smoke detectors do not work. The outdoor carpet smells like pee. Garbage bags were sitting in front of some doors for days. The pool was another safety issue. I don't think it was being cleaned or clorinated. The tiles were filthy and there was a build up of bubbling discolored water that collected in the corners of the pool. Paint chips from the balcony were falling into the pool from above. The maid did bring towels and make the bed but I think that is all she did. The floor was not cleaned and no shampoo, soap or toilet paper was restocked. Some of the outlets were pu
lled out of the walls and the cable cord was dangling. The only positive true thing about this hotel is that it was oceanfront.
We would have left if we had not already paid all our money and there were no refunds. i would never stay here again and would not tell anyone else about it. In my opinion this place needs to be shut down. Not only is it filthy but it may be a health
and safety hazard due to the pool and the wiring dangling from the elevator and in some of the rooms. I just wish I had taken pictures.The slum lords who own this place should be ashamed of themselves.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Motor Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bar Harbor Hotel
- Bar Harbor Myrtle Beach