“Everything I want in a hotel at the beach!!!”

Bar Harbor Motor Inn
Ranked #161 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was great and perfect for my ideal trip to the beach! Love the location, the fact that its ocean front is a major plus and i like that its close to the sky Wheel and board walk and pier but not right on top of it. In other words, its close enough to enjoy the walk. Loved the view From our room. loved everything! I am really hoping to be back! I found our room to be clean and comfortable and ALL of the staff was very friendly, helpful and nice. :)

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Tldalways
There are newer reviews for Bar Harbor Motor Inn

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We first checked into a 4th floor room. The air conditioning/heater did not work. Then we noticed a beeping sound. It was the remains of a non-working smoke detector. We asked to move. They moved us next door. No tv remote. We later found debris and cigarette ashes behind the night stand. The chair was broken on the balcony and the balcony was very dirty.This facility needs to clean up its act or tear down!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gldave
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are large however the bathroom was very nasty. Looked as the floor wasn't cleaned at all. The smoke alarm was laying on the table whenever we arrived. I'm unsure of the wifi service only staying one night I didn't take my laptop with me

Ok I guess probably not somewhere I will stay again. During this time a year you can get a much better and cleaner room for the same price.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank casselman
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Room was large, ocean view with balcony, kitchen, very clean.

Location is perfect, right in the center of action

We had 2 medium dogs that loved their stay too, especially watching the people & dogs on the beach.

We will be returning.

Room Tip: go for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Pro: friendly service, splendid view from our 5th floor room, plenty of restaurants within walking distance and price.
Cons: in one word (or two actually) bed bugs! We have hundreds of bites all over, itching like beep

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Geert F
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband,Billy and our dog, Bouncer enjoyed our 5 days and nights at the Bar Harbor in Sept. The room was very clean and housekeeping was done as requested. The location of the hotel is near everything we like to visit. My husband is disabled and on arrival a nice young employee, named Jeremy helped us get our things including my husband's oxygen to our room. When we were leaving Jeremy wasn't working so my husband went to get a luggage carrier and actually had one yanked out of his hand by another customer. Overall I would recommend this hotel especially if you take your pet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent service from the time we arrived till we left.
Very clean rooms, well equipped, courteous staff and clean outside. Great beach.
Would definatley recommend and we are returning to the same hotel next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple