“Return Customer for 7 years straight.”

Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area
Ranked #170 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Return Customer for 7 years straight.”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This is the second review I've have written for this hotel. I have been staying with my family (husband and two sons now 16 and 18) for 7 years straight. Very affordable, we like to use our extra money to do more things and visit more attractions. We dont spend a lot of time in our room so its perfect. Basic, but VERY clean. Pool is kept clean, staff is nice. Have always been allowed to check in at least an hour early. You dont have to cross the street to get access to the beach, you literally step from the parking lot to the sand. Great locations close enough to attractions but you don't have to put up with the traffic and the partying you get with the main strand. I would recommend to anyone. Never had any issues at this hotel and will be back again next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank jhill7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Rude is the first word that comes to mind. Our AC hardly worked and little to no supplies were in the room. If I could have stayed somewhere else I would have.

• Stayed July 2010

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Pittsburgh,pa
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Upon arrival the manager was friendly and let us check in a few hours early, which was great especially after driving 13 hours! The pool looked very nice, crystal clean, very inviting. Then we entered our 2 night stay room, which was very shocking for the amount of money we paid! It was old, run down with a very musty odor. I should have brought my fabreeze. Some of the towels were torn and had stains as well as the sheets. The bed spread was worn out and dirty. There were no kleenex in the bathroom like most hotels include. The ocean front view was okay for the exception of cars parked in front of it??? Access to the beach was a plus, very nice! When I turned on the lamp, the bulb burned out and the area around it was very hot, it smelled like electrical smoke which could of been a hazard. One is suppose to enjoy their trip, not count the hours, min. and sec. till check out! Unless I know the hotel, I will never book a stay more than one night online! Overall, the pool, access to the ocean, and early check in was the only good things about this hotel, otherwise do not waste your time nor hard earned money like we did!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dragqueen
ky.
Reviewed March 12, 2009

we arrived to find no towels, or washclothes in the bathroom. When we asked for some they brought us dirty ones and pretended they were clean! we are not blind, someone had wiped thier face off on one of them and had left a big makeup smear all over it. a few other looked like they had urine stains on them. we had to go and wash all of our own towels and washrags on arrival. the carpet looked filthy as did pretty much everything. turns out what we paid for this place we could have stayed some where nice, and CLEAN! we will return to myrtle, but not way of super 8 .

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed February 6, 2009

We stayed at Super 8 at 2711 S. Ocean Blvd the last of July. We had a blast the location was great the beach wasn't crowded at all and the pool was great usually it would just be us at the pool! There are inexpensive places to eat close by, and the hotel next door was also a great place to grab a quick bite. The hotel is a bit old and the bath rooms do need an update, but other than that I will stay again any time!!! My kids loved the area as well, we had stayed in a resort in Myrtle not even two weeks be for staying at Super 8 and I wouldn't even let my kids in the pool it was nasty!!! You couldn't get to the beach with out fighting a crowed and it was just a pain, I would rather stay in this hotel any day!!!

• Liked — The Pool Area And The Beach Was Not Crowded!!!
  • Disliked — The Bathrooms Need Work
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank abby312008
rogersville, tn
Reviewed November 21, 2008

i booked my trip online using my trip reward points. when i checked in it was horrible. the air conditioner did not work. the room was extremely small the bathroom was even smaller. there was 4 of us in a tiny room. it was late when i got there so i got on the phone with trip rewards to try and get another hotel and my points back. when i went to the front and asked them IF i decided to check out if i could get my points back the guy told me he had no clue how trip rewards worked that i needed to talk to the manager in the morning i went back to the room and cried my eyes out. we decided to just stay there even tho we hated it. next morning we went and ate breakfast then went to the beach i got sick so i went back to the room. when i get a call from the front desk informing me that i had already check out. she told me i had to get my stuff and get out. so i had no place to go. but she would give me an ocean front room for $100. a nite. i told her to give me a min and i would get out. i got on my comp and was trying to book another hotel she kept calling the room over and over, i swear i wasnt even in the room for 5 mins. then i went to give her the key she was a complete witch to me. i will NEVER stay there again. how can you be so mean to someone who didnt even check out.

• Liked — it was on the beach
  • Disliked — no airconditioner, extremely small rooms, and there was bugs, oh yeah i also ened up with bed bug bites all over me..
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Geneva
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My daughter walked into the room used the restroom and it overflowed immediately, had to get another room, this new rooms air conditioning was sub par especially in the 100 degree heat, Our rooms shower only had lukewarm water, never got hot enough. Poor room for the $800 bucks we paid for it.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank thawes2005