“The motel was right on the beach and was overall a good...”

Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area
Ranked #169 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gales Ferry
“The motel was right on the beach and was overall a good...”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The motel was right on the beach and was overall a good location. Not many people around during our visit. Room was smoky despite it being non-smoking. Very friendly woman at the front desk, helpful, approachable and willing to answer any questions. Breakfast was not that great; a couple of cereal choices, eggo waffles, packaged cinnamon buns, apples and coffee. However, for the price, I think it was a good deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Well on Thursday January 31, 2013 I made a rez via Wyndham.com to stay at this property from February 02 - 04, 2013. I wrote in the comments box to make sure that the room had clean linen. I got a conformation code and I was all set(I thought). I got there around 10:42pm on Saturday night(02/02/13) to find a notice on the door that read (CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!! WILL RE-OPEN ON FEB. 4th. SORRY MGMT) Hmmm. I called the number on the door and the operator stated that this number has been disconnected. I then call Wyndham customer support and guess what...they were closed as well. I went from hotel to hotel trying to find a room. I found a room about 4 miles away and paid two in a half times what I was going to pay at this property.

On Monday February 4, 2013 around noon I went back to this property so that I could talk with management, and this property was still closed. I then called Wyndham customer support. The young lady that answered was very nice but she tells me that this property should have re-opened on February 1, 2013, and she didn't know what was going on.

While I was at this on the 4th. there was other people that pulled up that was also wanting to talk with the manager.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Travelers also viewed these Myrtle Beach hotels
Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand
Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Grand Stra...
#151 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
#96 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
The Midtown Inn & Cottages
The Midtown Inn & Cottages
#94 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area

Property: Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area
Address: 2711 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-4848
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#95 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Front Hotel Myrtle Beach