“Great Stay, Great Staff, Don't believe the bad reviews here.”

Summer Wind Inn & Suites
Ranked #185 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Southside, VA.
“Great Stay, Great Staff, Don't believe the bad reviews here.”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

What can I say, we had a great time. The motel was great, we had an efficiency with comfortable beds, a nice 31 inch TV, Free Wi-Fi, Breakfast was better then alot of hotels. Cheryl and the front desk were great and wonderful to work with and help us find places to see . I needed medical supplies and she was so helpful finding a place to find them. The staff goes above and beyond to help make your stay wonderful. The SPA and pool were the best! And being right on the Ocean too! What more could we ask for. I would defintely return to A summerwinds. Thanks Everyone for a very pleasant stay! Wish I was still there.!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryjane P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed 4 days at the Summer Wind and found it to be okay. I was a little concerned with the mixed reviews, but for the price, and the fact that we could bring our dogs, I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Yes, the hotel is older, the towels were thin and the air conditioner was a little loud, but the room was clean and comfortable. Great access to the beach. We did not use the pool, but our room overlooked it and it looked very clean. Each morning I saw someone out there cleaning it.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yarya65
walnut cove nc
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I made reservations at the summer wind inn then went on the internet and read the reviews. I was absolutely terrified that i was taking my family which includes a 10 month old baby to an awful place. I am writing this review just to let people know that these bad reviews are far from the truth. The lady at the front desk was extremely friendly. The housekeeping staff came by everyday to clean our room. I am very picky about where my 10 month old goes and she stayed in the pool everyday. It was not dirty i thought it looked fine. All the guest that were staying there were very friendly the place was full it was july 4th . Plus i got to bring my dog with me who is part of our family and she was just as welcome as we were. I did not feel uncertain about leaving her alone in the room at all. I thought this was one of the most enjoyable times ive had at myrtle beach. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this motel at all. I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful stay. I will definetly return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tabgreattrip
nc
Reviewed June 17, 2009

we had a large group filling 3 rooms we went there for 3 days my room never got cleaned the next room the a/c was so loud it made it hard to sleep and the third room the a/c was leaking in the room there was a huge puddle of water on the floor also we had a hard time getting towels

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank redneck_318

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Sumter, SC
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The staff were great, very helpful and always there to help. If there was ever a problem they handle it very promptly. The rooms were clean and tidy and the view of the beach was breath taking. The location was great because it wasn't so congested, but close to a lot of restaurants and other attractions. The rates were very affordable. Being at the beach you want to feel comfortable. Not worrying whether you are going to get sand all over some elaborate place, like you would feel at the hilton or somewhere like that. If you want to pay hilton prices then go for it, but during these difficult times I need to save as much as possible, but be able to take a vacation. Hope this review will help someone else to try Summer Wind, its like home away from home.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank taratiger62
boston
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I've been traveling to Myrtle Beach Since 1986 and my stay at the ' A Summer Wind Hotel " was Fantastic. The Beds were Soft, The View Was Great..The Spa Was Warm. The Pool Was Spotless. ( Cleaned Every Morning by a Smiling Man )..The Service From The Staff Was Exceptional..Any Request We Had Was Received with A Smile & a Quick Response. We were A Large group Of over 30, With 15 Kids & We All LOVED It..Great Value For Our Hard Earned Money. Our Group Is Going Back Next Year To The SUMMER WIND !!!! Check It Out !!!

• Stayed April 2009
Angola,NY
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Just got home from staying at the summer wind inn for ten nights. This was are second stay and I could not of been happier. The place was cleaned up the rooms have been remodeled. My hat goes off to Cheryl she has done a wonderful job, and anything we asked for we got with no problem. The location and beach was great. Thanks again Cheryl. Also the pool and the pool area was cleaned every day the pool looked great.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family