“TRAVELERS BEWARE!!!!”
Review of Ocean Forest Plaza

Ocean Forest Plaza
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Room was filthy, toilet half-worked, carpet was old, filthy, stained and worn. Staff wasn't very friendly. The housekeeping was HORRIBLE and the parking garage was HIDEOUS!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SweetP45
There are newer reviews for Ocean Forest Plaza

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We had one of the worst stay at this hotel. When we went to check in at 4 we were told our room wasn't ready. We had reservations that we didn't make because it took them another 2 hours to get our room done. When I asked to speak to a manager (I should've known that when the employees were that rude to everyone they were getting the ok from someone) that just made more mad because she was soo rude and told me to deal with it. When we got to our room that took an extra two hours to clean was so nasty. There was pubic hair on the tv remote. so nasty and when I called down to the front the manager pulled attuide with me. Will never stay here I don't know if we will every go back to myrtle beach. wasn't impressed

2  Thank jemscwills
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The room was not very clean. There was left over food in the pullout couch. The hotel parking was outrageous. The ice maker in frig did not work and there was nowhere else to get ice. I did like the location. It was close to everything and not too busy. The waterpark was great for the kids. For the price it was ok but would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed in unit 1402. Beds are horribly uncomfortable. Needs updated. Holes in the walls. The oven light had bugs in it. The pipes leaked at some point over time and the carpet is moldy beneath the sink. The windows have no shades and are dirty. There is a broken chair on the balcony. The couch is broken down. The resteraunt on the 7th floor has warm oj and no pancakes unless the truck arrives. Huge crack in the window don't sit next to it. Disappointed Cincy Ohio

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa3441
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Check in is supposed to be at 4p.m. I stood in the lobby for close to two hours as they assured me over and over that the room would be ready in "10 more minutes". At least I wasn't lonely as there were several other guests with various complaints. If you are choosing this location for the price, RECONSIDER! I almost told them to keep the money and found another hotel. The stench, poor parking, and poor service all live up to their 1 star rating.

1  Thank dangerbird1968
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My family & I arrived on Monday 26th around 5pm with no problem at checkin. Yes, the parking is tight, but can be done if you take your time. The parking garage is not the indy 500 folks... I drive a 60ft ladder truck for a living. We stayed in room 1209 with a great view of the ocean which is across the street. Also have a great view of the outdoor pool. The kitchen area was okay...the microwave cart had seen better days. Also the oven was left full of grease by the last occupants, but we did find tht out untl the next morning when my wife preheated the oven to make the kids some sweetrolls. I notified the front desk and someone immediately came to clean it up! The maid service was great....every morning around 10am she came to replace towels, take out trash, make the beds, and replace anything else that we needed.
Well, on Wednesday we had a bad storm which knocked out the electric and the AC...even the Emergency lighting was knocked out.The power was back on in about 3hrs, but not the AC. ON Thursday around 5pm the AC was fixed after a part for the unit on the roof was replaced using a CRANE!
Overall, the stay was pretty good....we booked through Reservevacations.com....$515 for 5 nights but you have to do a 2hr tour with Wyndham Vacations located in North Myrtle Beach. REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT THE TIME WITH THE FAMILY!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Just spent 5 days at the ocean forest plaza--reading the other reviews-wow!! Yes, the parking is tricky..we also drive a Pacifica and had little trouble, you have to take your time. The smell...have you people never been to cuba or the dominican....or the west coast....salt water and humidity always smells---We also arrived at 3pm and the front office staff offered us water park passes and advised us to return at 4pm for check in...great went to get groceries instead and drive around. Now the housekeeping was minimal for me....i made the beds and did the dishes...i feel the $120.00 was steep, even a rip off...don't even think the floor was swept...when i had to ask for a broom and do it myself. The beach is great and not busy. View from balcony (16th floor) was fantastic, especially when the storm came thru or watching the dolphins early in the morning.