Forest Dunes Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$80
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$70
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$83
$64
All reviewslazy riverliving roomocean frontbar and grillacross the streetquiet areathree bedroomhot tubfull kitchenlarge balconyindoor poolparking garagethe past yearsseveral yearsspring breakking bedgrand strand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We had a lovely time at Forest Dunes in June. The hotel staff is courteous and helpful. We had an ocean view room on the 8th floor and the view was truly beautiful. We loved sitting on the balcony in the evening and watching the sunset. This hotel is located in the quieter, upscale end of Myrtle Beach. If you are looking for crowds, noise, and wild parties, this part of town is not for you. If you are looking for friendly families, peaceful walks along the beach, room to spread out and build sandcastles, and memories of dolphins jumping from the ocean waves, then this is the place for you! Our family (me, my husband, and our sons age 9 and 12) also enjoyed Broadway at the Beach, Brookgreen Gardens (don't miss the sea otters and the open-air concert on many summer evenings), Barefoot Landing, putt-putting, and the Tanger Outlet Mall. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Darby D, General Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Reviewed July 8, 2010

Wonderful hotel, great location, friendly staff. Oceanview condo has a great view of the ocean from the balcony. Long hallway, big living area and spacious bedroom. 2 BA with one shower. The on-site 1st floor restaurant has friendly staff and Happy Hour from 4-7P. We haven't eaten there yet, but the food looks great. They serve breakfast all day and pub grub. Outside there is a small kiddie pool, jacuzzi, pool and "lazy river". There is an indoor pool as well. Overall, great stay. The parking/garage is the only reason I would suggest looking elsewhere. The garage is detached and a bit of a hassle going "to and fro". That's the only negative, but a pretty large one.

4/5

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I always love my stay at Forest Dunes.The staff is great.The place is always clean.The rooms are great.I have all the things of home when i stay here.Lovely view of the beach from my room.I love the hot tub.Pools are nice and clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 20, 2010

I was very happy with my stay at forest dunes.I stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront and it had a spectacular view,lots of furniture,and a large balcony.At first I thought that the ocean being across the street would bother me,but I think it was even better than being directly on the beach.I have stayed at other resorts at myrtle beach directly on the beach and the biggest difference that I noticed is it was just more crowded.I was a little concerened about other reviewers saying the pool area was small.Traveling with two childern they like the pool.I would rather stay here than at a crowded resort(where you're lucky to swim without running into someone)and take the kids to a waterpark.My kids even agreed.I also tried the resteraunt in the hotel and they were the nicest people we met on our whole trip and the food was great.This resort was very relaxing I love the rooms,it doesn't feel like a typical commercial hotel room where you can't rest good and being able to rest and relax makes a great vacation.We will be back to Foerst Dunes.

1  Thank HarrisonKentucky

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have stayed at Forest Dunes many times. You can always depend on a clean nice room. All of the rooms have a great view. So if you want ocean front but you are on a budget, you can get a great view with the ocean view room. Pools are great, not very big, but big enough. Some of the units are a little older than others but I can say that I have NEVER stayed in any nasty units. For our recent trip we were in room 404. GREAT room!!!! Nice decor, this is a 1 BR with 2 doubles and a pull out sofa. Plenty of room for the 6 of us. If you have stayed in other places and only had 1 bathroom you will appreciate the 1 1/2 bath that Forest Dunes offers in the 1 BR. Can't wait to go back, I will not waste my time searching for a GREAT hotel when I know FD is always dependable!!!! If you can ever splurge on the 3 BR OF Condo go for it!! The view is just amazing!!!!! The staff was also very helpful and friendly. Oh, and the bed was comfy!