“Pleasently suprised at Forest Dunes”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I was very happy with my stay at forest dunes.I stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront and it had a spectacular view,lots of furniture,and a large balcony.At first I thought that the ocean being across the street would bother me,but I think it was even better than being directly on the beach.I have stayed at other resorts at myrtle beach directly on the beach and the biggest difference that I noticed is it was just more crowded.I was a little concerened about other reviewers saying the pool area was small.Traveling with two childern they like the pool.I would rather stay here than at a crowded resort(where you're lucky to swim without running into someone)and take the kids to a waterpark.My kids even agreed.I also tried the resteraunt in the hotel and they were the nicest people we met on our whole trip and the food was great.This resort was very relaxing I love the rooms,it doesn't feel like a typical commercial hotel room where you can't rest good and being able to rest and relax makes a great vacation.We will be back to Foerst Dunes.

1  Thank HarrisonKentucky
Darby D, General Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Darby Davis

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have stayed at Forest Dunes many times. You can always depend on a clean nice room. All of the rooms have a great view. So if you want ocean front but you are on a budget, you can get a great view with the ocean view room. Pools are great, not very big, but big enough. Some of the units are a little older than others but I can say that I have NEVER stayed in any nasty units. For our recent trip we were in room 404. GREAT room!!!! Nice decor, this is a 1 BR with 2 doubles and a pull out sofa. Plenty of room for the 6 of us. If you have stayed in other places and only had 1 bathroom you will appreciate the 1 1/2 bath that Forest Dunes offers in the 1 BR. Can't wait to go back, I will not waste my time searching for a GREAT hotel when I know FD is always dependable!!!! If you can ever splurge on the 3 BR OF Condo go for it!! The view is just amazing!!!!! The staff was also very helpful and friendly. Oh, and the bed was comfy!

Darby Davis

Reviewed June 14, 2010

when we arrived the room was 79 degrees in it and when i told the manager she said it would cool off . so we went down to the beach for 4 hours and when we got back it was 80 degrees . It had actully got hotter. the manager then told us that it should be cooler by the morning! Needless to say she refund our money and we went somewhere else.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed in a deluxe suite on the 11th floor and it was spectacular ,the view was breathtaking to say the least.Usually we come down and stay at Forest Dunes in September but for reasons I wont go into we chose to come down from Canada in May,and stay again at Forest Dunes it was fantastic.I have recommened Forest dunes to all my friends, and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great relaxing vacation without having to have a fortune to spend on accomadations.Very high on my list of places that I would choose in Myrtle Beach , for a great vacation .

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rickwebber
Reviewed June 4, 2010

The Hotel was nice , clean , and friendly. Tried to get a Friendly happy hour drink but, was not greeted by a friendly staff at restaurant.The bar tendeders were rude with in first two minutes of entering. We left an would never go back or have anyone who likes to hang out at a hotel bar and enjoy a drink go back!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed at Forest Dunes from May 16-22 2010. It was my husband and I and our 9 month old son. We stayed in a 1 bedroom oceanfront, room #410. We had the perfect suite, outfitted with everything we needed for our stay. The suite was nicely updated and had plush carpet for our son to crawl around on. It had a wonderful balcony and view of the ocean with no obstructions which we were very happy with. It was just a short walk to the beach across Ocean Blvd. and a sand dune path. We were very happy with the area as well. It wasn't too crowded on our beach and we were situated between the Tanger outlet/ Walmart to the north, and the downtown/boardwalk to the south. The accomodations were more than we could have hoped for. The Buckets Bar and Grill was great. The new owners were very friendly and the food was great each time we went down there. The outdoor pool was heated and we loved it. We did not use the spa or the indoor pool. I did try out the lazy river, but it's probably more fun for the younger crowd.
The only negative comment I have is that the elevators sometimes took a long time. Being on the 4th floor we would just take the stairs if we could. I imagine it would be more annoying if you were on a higher floor.
For the price we would absolutely recommend Forest Dunes. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ljcrazy
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Went last October and loved it..the room, the atmosphere, everything so we decided to go again.
We booked the 1 bedroom Oceanfront "deluxe" room, same as last year. Only to find out when we checked in they gave us a regular one bedroom oceanfront , room 810 which was totally disgusting. The reason we got bumped was the "owner" was in town and bumped us out of the room. Never received a phone call letting us know that we wouldnt have the room we originally booked. Anyway, room 810 was unacceptable. The ceiling was all peeling and the plaster was blowing off the wall when we opened the balcony doors. Their was rust on the refrigerator right next to the counter, the bed was so uncomfortable as well as the couch. If we wanted a room like this we wouldve stayed at a cheap hotel on the strip. We went down and complained and they told us we would be moved the following morning. okay, fine. Woke up the next morning, checked our bank and what did we see? Our credit card was charged again for a deposit because someone didnt care to check to see that we were already at the place, week paid for, and just moving out of a CRAPPY room. Went down and raised hell about it as we were upset. Who wouldnt be after what we went through the previous night. So they apologized and all, gave us a credit for the inconvenience, and told them all to make sure noone else charges our card anymore. Okay, we check into the new room, 409, very nice and we're happy with it. Go out for awhile came back and we then receive a call from the manager. He then tells us that by mistake someone charged our card again the full amount of our stay! That was the last straw. Went down and spoke with the manager and this time we are VERY UPSET. How can they be so incompitent as to charge our card over and over after seeing we were already checked in and were guests of the hotel and WITHOUT our authorization to do so, which we couldve pursued charges againt the person but didnt.
As it turns out, we are now home and will NEVER stay at this resort again nor recommend it to anyone. I suggest calling before you arrive to make sure you get the room that you paid for because if the owner is in town you will get any crappy room they have, such as Room 810.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple