Message from TripAdvisor:

“Forest Dunes was Awesome !!!!!!”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #39 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 24, 2006

I have never spent a nicer week at Myrtle Beach.---I am not kidding, room 302 was the best. Clean and up to date.

Bob Meader Cicero,Ny

Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Forest Dunes Resort

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2005

This was my son's 5th birthday present & it was enjoyed by all. Stayed in a panoramic room with a most amazing view! Loved it & will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2005

We've been staying at Forest Dunes for a number of years. We usually stay in a 1BR deluxe oceanfront unit which I think has the best indoor view of the beach anywhere on the Strand. We always enjoy the property even though it is getting frayed around the edges.

Our most recent visit was disappointing. All of the units are privately owned but managed by the property. The unit we just spent 6 nights in was extremely run down. The carpet is shot, paint is peeling, the kitchenette cabinets are about to fall apart, the furniture is badly worn, the balcony furniture is ready for the dumpster and the televisions are a good 10 years old and need replacing badly.

The maid service was very minimal, unlike previous visits.

Forest Dunes is in a very competitive area and their quality has been overtaken by nearby resorts. They'd better take a hard look at their rooms and reverse this nosedive. We will no longer give them first consideration.

• Stayed: October 2005

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank Beachn
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed August 25, 2005

The room was great, the view was great, but there is no 3:00 guarantee, and they did nothing and never responded to my e-mail I sent them.

Hello,
Last week, we stayed in room 1601. We arrived at 10:30 and stopped by the front desk to see if we could check in. They said nothing was ready but to keep checking back. We stopped by several times and finally at 1:30 they said to check back at 3:00. I checked back at 3:00, and it still wasn't ready, even though they said repeatedly it was guaranteed by three. We took our stuff up to our room, and waited outside until after 3:30. If the room had been ready by three, I would have nothing to complain about. However, I find it disheartening that nothing could be done to move our room up on the list to be cleaned knowing that we were there early. I saw several people arrive well after us and move stuff into their room before three. All I was told was that there really is no guarantee, and we were relying on humans to clean the rooms. I was also told that the cleaning schedule cannot be changed. I find this lack of flexibility bad customer service. Finally, I was told that something would be done to make up for it, but nothing was.

Other than this, I found our stay very enjoyable (although another elevator would help). The room was great and the rates were reasonable. I would consider staying again, but that first day still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Thanks