Forest Dunes Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Mermaid Inn(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Cabana Shores Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewslazy riverliving roomocean frontbar and grillacross the streetquiet areathree bedroomhot tubfull kitchenlarge balconyindoor poolparking garagethe past yearsseveral yearsspring breakking bedgrand strand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Love the location and the resort. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed at Forest Dunes on numerous occasions and have not been disappointed. We booked our visit during Atlantic Beach bike week - we were alerted to the fact that it was Bike Week when we made the reservation. I did not realize that the motorcyclists do not sleep and ride up and down the streets for most of the night. Not the fault of Forest Dunes though - I was warned. So just book your stay other than a bike week.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view. Avoid both Myrtle Beach bike week and Atlantic Beach bike week.
2  Thank Meblinker
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here in room 1005 on 5/19-5/21 for relaxation for my birthday. I loved hearing the ocean and feeling the breeze in my condo. There was little to no noise for the 1st couple of days, the entering of the motorcycles were the noisiest part of the stay:/ I did not realize I had arrived when one bike week ended and another was about to begin, that was my fault. I am terribly afraid of heights and had a room on the 10th floor where you have to access them from outside (SCARY). I'll have to keep in mind next time to get one near the ground for my own sanity. The inside of the condo was nice, the only thing the owner needs to keep up is the cleaning of the upholstery, walls, doors, dirty dishes inside the kitchen cabinet & around the tub area. Don't get me wrong, it was not grotesque, just a little dirty. Housekeeping did knock on the door everyday to check and see if I needed anything. I would stay here again, just not during or near bike week.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice for viewing the ocean, not so much if you are afraid of heights, due to having to access your room from outside really close to a short rail.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura N
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for letting us know what we can do to serve you better on your next visit. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The last time I visited Forest Dunes I said it would be the last after staying there 24 years. However, I received a called from the General Manager, who sadly is no longer there, apologizing for the terrible service that I had before. I'm so glad my husband and I returned. I was greeted by 2 of the friendliest people ever at the front desk, only to find out for some reason, after traveling 4 hours, my reservations had been cancelled for some reason! The quickly fixed the problem and apologized for the problems that I had the last visit. The suite was the absolute best that we've ever had anywhere. The view was amazing, the room was clean and the staff was awesome!!! I was also very happy to see that the unbelievably rude person at the front desk was no longer an employee there. Thank you Forest Dunes for a great Christmas-New Year's trip.

Room Tip: Ask for as high up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joon0304
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear you returned and we miss you already. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went on Molther's Day weekend wihich was also the beginning of bike week. However, the location was peaceful and relaxing in a quiet residential area.
The room was exceptionally clean and spacious four four people. Would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room on the sixth floor (607) was excellent.
3  Thank mbdayz2 .
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how you enjoyed our "Great price and loction." We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I highly recommend staying here. The staff is friendly and the rooms are great for an excellent price. Once again I wasn't disappointed with my stay here. This was my second time staying and I'm ready to come back again already.

2  Thank crene13

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes again for your second time. We are very happy to hear how you "Love it!!!" here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon so we are very excited to hear you are "ready to come back again already." Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!