Forest Dunes Resort
$258
$200
$207
$155
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$146
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$87
Official Site
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$257
$224
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewslazy riverliving roomocean frontbar and grillacross the streetquiet areathree bedroomhot tubfull kitchenlarge balconyindoor poolparking garagethe past yearsseveral yearsspring breakking bedgrand strand
Reviewed June 23, 2012

After a nightmare with our reservation at another facility, we showed up at 11:30 pm without a reservation on the recommendation of a relative. I was a little apprehensive of a location across the road from the beach and less than enthusiastic about booking ocean view vs oceanfront, however with my mother and two tired children in tow, we were just hoping for a CLEAN and affordable place to lay our heads until we could make other arrangements. We were comforted by the presence of the security guard when we parked. I had found an affordable rate on the Internet which they honored when we walked in. We ended up with a week rate we could not turn down. We spent less for a condo than we would have spent for a dirty,very small room ONLY at the previous location. We had a wonderful view of the ocean which was as good as some oceanfront rooms we have stayed at. The road we had to cross was never busy and the walk to the beach was no worse. The roadway was never busy and wasn't an obstacle at all. We even booked an extra night and stayed another day that we hadn't planned. Our room was clean and well equipped to cook anything we wanted. We had enough towels for the 4 of us the entire time. The pool area was almost never crowded, nor the lazy river and Hot tub. Everyone was friendly. My ONLY negative during the entire stay was unsupervised young boys at the pool and lazy river. Children dragging the tubes from the lazy river should not have been condoned. Almost everyone in the pool/lazy river area packed up when these kids came thru. I would just suggest a little more observation to the pool area by resort staff. (Poor parenting cannot be blamed on the resort!). An added plus, it is a SMOKE FREE resort which is a BIG plus for me and my family who are allergic to cigarette smoke! In the end, our entire group decided it was one of our best vacations in a long time. Thank you, Forest Dunes, for saving our vacation. We will see you next year!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CGLMom
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We are delighted that things worked out so well and you had a great stay. We know different folks look for different things in a resort, but it's wonderful when guests and a property just click.

As you noted, having night security personnel not only helps ensure safety, but comes in handy for late night arrivals such as yours. And, we are very pleased you like the resort's non-smoking policy.

See you next year!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week vacation at Forest Dunes in Myrtle Beach. We have been staying at Forest Dunes for several years and it is without a doubt the best value on the beach!!

The prices are amazing. We have stayed in several different condos throughout the years. We prefer to be on an upper floor as the view is amazing. This year we were on the 11th floor. You do not have to have an oceanfront at Forest Dunes to have a great view.

Our room was very clean and had all the comforts of home. The kitchen has everything you need to make any meal. There is also a little restaurant called Buckets right off the pool area. Great for lunch, dinner or a late snack!!

We are saving our money to hopefully go back in the fall.

Room Tip: This is a smoke free resort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Brenda J
willtravel12345, Owner at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you, Brenda! As one of the condo owners at Forest Dunes and on behalf of all our owners, we so appreciate your positive feedback. Our owners really try to make our guests' visits as enjoyable as our own are. And we do believe Forest Dunes provides tremendous value in the size of our units, location, views, and amenities, so are delighted to know you agree. Come back soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a hotel that we have stayed at for six years and loved every minute of our stay. With this, being a steady customer, you would think that they would be up front with you when you made your reservations, right. Well, upon arrival, we were told that the hotel was 100 percent smoke free. We said yes, we are aware of that, since we were smokers. Well, now they tell us that smoking is not permitted on the balcony either and that you have to walk across the street to their little hut to smoke. Later that day we found out that if you own one of the condos , you are permitted to smoke if you wish. So much for 100 percent smoke free for all you non-smokers. It was very obvious that we were not the only ones that were not told when reservations were made two months ago. Many occupants were also disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank teelow
willtravel12345, Owner at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Past Guest, On behalf of all owners, we are sorry our expanded non-smoking policy was inadequately communicated to you. The ban was implemented in January 2012 after being adopted in fall 2011. We hoped that the delay in implementation would provide time enough to ensure all returning guests were aware of the change. We know you've enjoyed Forest Dunes for many years; we don't like to disappoint anyone, especially long time guests.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I don't do a lot of travelling but I really enjoyed my stay and I thought everything was great. I enjoyed myself, my family enjoyed themselves. The weather was beautiful, the people were great and I think the upgrades that they did on site were fantastic.

It was relaxing, the service was good. The bed was comfy.

It was everything we wanted in a get-away and I hope we can do it again real soon.

Cost-wise, it was very reasonable.

We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Herb W
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We are so glad everything went well, including the weather (wish we could take credit for that, too)! Our owners love it when guests have had a good time. We look forward to your coming back for another stay. And thanks for noticing all the work we've done on the property--the construction wasn't easy this past fall/winter/spring, but we think it makes a big difference.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband, kids and I just love going to Forest Dunes every year. Our kids who are 5, 3 and 10 months just love going to Myrtle Beach. We just got back from yet again a FANTASTIC vacation and they already are asking when we can go again. There is so much to do. Forest Dunes has everything we could ask for....3 pools (one's inside which is perfect incase of rain) with kiddies this option is a must, one is a lazy river which I personally love because I can sit in a tube with the baby and the last is a big outdoor pool. My husband likes the pools too of course, but he much prefers the hot tub! Another great perk is the on-site restaurant. It can be accessed from the pool area which is especially great when you have kids. It gives you the option to literally hang out at the pools all day, and just grab a bite when hungry. You do need to have payment with you though as it is separately owned so you can't add the cost to your room.
The beach is amazing. It's right across the street!!!!! We stay ocean front so when we wake up in the morning and look out the window all you see is beautiful beach. A few of the ocean fronts have upgraded their condo's to have a King size bed. When you book you are only offered the queen size so if you want a king you have to ask. We like this because we can comfortably sleep my husband, myself and our baby with no worries, and still lots of room. Our other two sleep on the queen pull out sofa they have in the living room. (All the condos have a queen pull out sofa).
Last year when we went it rained a bit so we didn't spend much time on the balcony as it has that outdoor carpet stuff and so it retained a bit of water, that being said part of the reno's they did on the Ocean fronts included replacing the carpet with a tile like floor. It's amazing. Not only does it look beautiful, but it feels nice on your feet and as soon as there's sun there's no more water.
Sorry this is so long there's just so many great things. With all I've already said, there's also great and convenient shopping outlets, mini-golf, regular golf, restaurants everywhere, like hundreds...and a cute little park 2 minutes (walking) up the street. I like to keep up my exercise too. There's a little gym here which is great, but also the sidewalk on the side of the beach has a workout series as you go up the street. It's just perfect.....what else can I say.

Room Tip: Rooms are individually owned so if you get to your room and it isn't exactly to your taste, see if you can look at another one. I think many of the owners try to keep up with the times though.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank merritt_tonya
willtravel12345, Owner at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Past Guest, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! It sounds like you know what you like and take the time to enjoy everything that's offered, from the lazy river and hot tub to nearby parks and outlet shopping. And our condo owners love it when guests notice the things we each do over time to try and make our units special. Many of us also have guest books in our units or provide email addresses for guests to use, so if there's ever something a guest would have liked to have had or if you've noticed something that needs improvement, owners can often accommodate requests before your return visit.