Message from TripAdvisor:

“Always enjoy staying here”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is my 20th or so trip to Forest Dunes while staying in Myrtle Beach. Once again, I enjoyed it greatly and was very happy with the apt/condo I stayed in. The big improvement is a 50 or so inch HDTV in the living room area. I took a chance and brought my Blu-Ray DVD player and now there is a TV for which it can be used. You also have to bring your HDMI cable to utilize it.
The full kitchen is a big selling point for these units and most include a plastic drink container even though I continue to bring one. This unit had a microwave, toaster, and dishwasher, all of which I was grateful to have available.
I ran into a small problem with the wi-fi. I called the desk and they gave a phone # to call a help desk. There was no response from this outfit even though I left a message on a Monday afternoon. I was able to resolve the problem by first using Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome as I normally do on my laptop. Basically, you connect to the wireless for Forest Dunes but then must start up IE to get the internet access. It worked fine every time I started that way. I was puzzled since my IPhone was connecting effortlessly.
I also recommend the Flamingo Grill for one night's dining. I go there every time I go to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michael H

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have stayed here for the past 4 visits to Myrtle Beach. I find every room I have stayed in has been great. The 3 bedroom is really spacious with a master bedroom w/king bed, 2nd bedrm with queen bed, 3rd bedrm w/twin beds. Great kitchen area and spacious living room area with balcony. The pool area is great in location with the fitness room, hot tub and lazy river. The balcony from the room will overlook the ocean if oceanfront room, and oceanview will will have a view of the ocean at an angle. The 1 bedrm unit also has 1 1/2 bath which is great. The only dislike was in the 1 bedrm oceanview, the bedroom is at the front entry door and the window looks onto the front walkway entry balcony, so you have to keep the curtains drawn for privacy. The oceanfront room design is differant. The bedrrom overlooks the ocean. This has and will always be my 1st choice in my visits to Myrtle Beach. The location is away from the hub of action and a more quite area with the beach a short walk across the street. You will need a car to get around if you plan to venture out. It is in a great location for a more relaxed laid back stay. You are close to Kings Hwy which will take you to Restaurant Row and shopping at the Mall and Outlet Mall. I will be going there this October and already have my reservation. Forest Dunes Here I Come!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank traveling1mi
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We decided to take a last minute vacation before school starts back for our kids and my husband starts medical school. We found Forrest Dunes on-line and the prices were definitely right and with an ocean view even better. When we checked in we were greeted with a very friendly and helpful staff. We went up to our room 602 and we were very impressed. The room was very clean and spacious, the views were awesome and our twin 7 year old sons just loved sitting out on the balcony to eat lunch. The beach is just a little walk across the street and in a very family friendly area. At night the resort was very quite and peaceful and that was great for getting two excited little boys to go to sleep at a reasonable hour. I wish we could have stayed longer. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a family friendly place. If you are looking for top of the line luxuries you may want to try some of the more pricey places but we have stayed at more pricey places and weren't as happy as we were staying at Forrest Dunes. We loved our stay and hope to get to visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Ruthiefitch
Darby D, General Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We enjoyed our stay this week. Our grandson was scared on the 5th floor and the staff was very helpful and found us a room on the second. It was a very enjoyable stay. The room was clean and our grandchildren enjoyed the pool and lazy river. They also had a great time with the staff activities leader. We will defintely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank charlotte1117

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves and we'd love to do it again soon!
The beach was quieter and less crowded than other parts of Myrtle Beach so you feel a lot more comfortable, especially with younger children. And the older kids thought it was excellent having the indoor as well as the outdoor pools. They also loved the lazy river.

The room itself was nicely decorated and freshly painted and the ocean view room is on an upper floor which provides a fantastic view!

Relaxing and fun (even with the kids in tow!)

Also, Buckets was a great restaurant -- reasonably priced food & tasty too!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PirateFangirl

Reviewed July 30, 2011

stay in room 102 upon my arrival i encounter many problems in my room. First thing was the bedroom windows were dirty and under the blinds was spiders and black dirt where it hadnt been clean for a while. And behind the nightstand there was candy and water bottle cap on the floor where nobody move to vaccum. The hallway closet floor was full of dirt. And the balcony door no screen and bugs in between the cracks. And cob webb on the ceiling in the bedroom. Sofa bed was very uncomfortable to sleep on microwave was dirty on the inside then it broke. A new one was brought in and iron malfunction so a new one was brought in. Feels like no one took the time to clean the room rush job.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmie726
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked this hotel through their website before reading the reviews on here. Needless to say, after reading the reviews we went back and forth on whether or not to keep our reservations...In the end we decided to just go for it and I'm so glad we did. Our 3 bedroom condo was suite 1204. 1204 is an ocean view room, although the views are much better than any ocean front hotel we have stayed at before. Our room was extremely clean, fully furnished, and the owners even had beach chairs for you to use on your trips to the beach so you don't have to rent the ones from the hotel...

When we arrived our room wasn't ready yet, so we decided to have lunch at Buckets bar and grill. A small but friendly grill located on the first floor of the hotel. It even has outside seating that looks directly at the ocean. The food was good, and 40 dollars fed 6 people, including drinks.

The reviews about the small pools are true. The pool is very small and so is the lazy river and hot tub. However, this wasn't important to us because we would much rather spend time in the ocean than the pool...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family