All reviewsprivate condoview of the oceanindoor poolfull kitchenbike weektrip to myrtle beachwasher and dryerunitissyvrboarcademb
Reviewed December 7, 2006

This is not actually a hotel but rather individually owned condo units, rented by a management company located in the lobby. The highest quality units (they are graded a, b & c) are rented first, so I recommend you book early and insist on an "A" rated unit. The lazy river is small but it's for kids and they seem to enjoy it. There are a multitude of pools and jacuzzis to enjoy but I'd advise you not to stay there during bike weeks, especially the black biker week. The pools get very nasty during those times, not because of the grounds staff but because of the clientele. The location is nice and out of the heavier traffic uptown. No matter where you stay at Myrtle Beach, always lock you car and have your auto alarm turned on. Like any big city in a tourist region there are drug addicts just waiting to steal something they can pawn. Common sense goes a long way. I must say that the rates are too high for what you get. That can be said of any resort in Myrtle Beach. It's not know as the Redneck Riviera for nothing! If you want perfection then go to Hilton Head, SC and open your wallet real wide!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank wwright1956
Reviewed September 20, 2006

My husband and I called a few hotels prior to our 4 night trip to Myrtle Beach, they all said "sure were very open", so we decided to just drive up and wing it on Sept 14th---18th 2006. and that way we would be able to see first hand what kind of room we were getting. So we arrive at around 10 pm and The few we were wanting to stay in, were booked solid. and the other hotels we viewed, were just horrible. We couldnt believe it. So after hours of looking, we decided to pull into the Blue Water Oceanfront Resort, we were just sure that they would be booked, when we walked in, there was a bright open lobby with beautiful tropical paint and decor. It reminded us of our stay in Hawaii. We were greeted by a nice guy who said sure we have 2 rooms available, so we decided to take a look first before staying. We go up to our OCEANFRONT room, 201 (in the tall tower) As there is another part of the resort across the street, this one is oceanfront! and its just Unbelievable, it was TEN times better than all the other hotels we had seen that night. We were truly blessed to have found this resort. Although most of these rooms ARE privately owned, this room 201 had ALL TILE, New White Appliances, and the bathroom had a new Large marble vanity top. It had a Full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, a Large Living Area with a FULL size couch, With new paint, and decor. We were so happy with our room. And the Balcony was nice looking out directly at the ocean, It was a very nice stay. So keep this in mind when you make reservations over the phone, some rooms may be different due to private ownership. But the ones we passed by on our way to ours were pretty much all beautiful. The only thing that was wrong during our stay, was that the air conditioner that leads to our balcony was leaking a pool of water, but was fixed IMMEDIATELY. They actually came right away to fix it. and then on our last night, our bulb to our outside light was performing a strobe light show, and needed to be changed, at 11:30 at night, the maintenance man came IMMEDIATELY. We loved all the service. Everyone was friendly, even the cleaning lady, gave us extra towels, whatever we needed, we received. The people at the desk were always knowledgable in whatever restaraunts and activities were the best. Blue Water had SOOO many pools. There were 3 outside pools and 1 indoor pool that spun around under glass so that you could swim into the outside pool, and like 4 jacuzzi spas, (one of the pools had been drained) for maintenance, but heck with all of those who really needed that. One thing that was a bummer was that the pool bar and restaraunt had been closed for the off season, I would like to come back to Blue Water, and test those out, but Overall we had an exceptional time! I will definately be back! and I loved everything about our trip!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank BoardingPass802721
Reviewed August 16, 2006

I contacted the property directly for an oceant front room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Well when we arrived, the room was NOT ocean front and ,the beds were rather flimsy and full sized. The room was an ocean view room with many other problems. We tried to open the fridge and the entire fridge rolled out from the wall into the hallway. Theyn we attempted to open the dishwasher and that came out as well. It appeared that it hadnt been set firmly into the counter so when we tried to open the door, the WHOLE dishwasher started coming out. I went to the front desk to advise them of the problems and they told me that they had just checked the room, and that we had been given an 'A' rated room. If that was was considered an 'A' rated room, I would hate to see what a 'C' rated room looked like. They then attempted to appease us by offering us another room but when we went to it, it was a smoking room. After that I just asked for my deposit back and found another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Imaim
Reviewed July 22, 2006

Was check-in for July 16-23 week. On the the 17th our room was broke into and our car stolen. No sign of how they got in. The police weren't detailed no pictures or finger prints were done of the room. Security at the hotel was the worst and all the hotel cares about was putting blame some where else but there. They never informed other guest of the crime on our floor. I had to go door to door and ask had they noticed anthing. While I was doing that a secuity guard came up and ask me to stop and then laughed in my face about the events. I reported him and his boss was worst other customer were standing in the lobby complaining too. We were told that the security works for some one else and their hands were tied. We checked out on ASAP our six year old grandson was having nightmares. Why stay where it isn't safe. Beware of the staff something isn't right !!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank syoung47
bluewtrresort, Management Team at BlueWater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2006

Dear Past and Future Guests,

We are the new management team on property at Bluewater Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have read each and every review on Trip Advisor and thank each and every one of your for your comments. By posting your comments on here, we know what has been done right and what has been done wrong, and how we can improve. That is what we are here to do, IMPROVE!

Our goal is to take customer service and cleanliness to a new level at the Bluewater Resort. We are aware of the problems brought before us on Trip Advisor, and are immediately starting to take action to resolve these issues.

Our pledge to you is that we will turn this resort around and make it one of the best places to visit when you travel to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This will take us some time. Please bear with us as this is a feat we cannot tackle in only a few days or weeks.

It will be our sincere pleasure to serve your lodging needs in Myrtle Beach. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of us at the resort.

We look forward to seeing you at Bluewater Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Shanelle Wood
Front Office Manager

Scott McDonald, CHS
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2006

Don't believe what you see, pictures can be so misleading. We stayed on the third floor room 302, and was promised a higher floor.The "lazy river" across the street was very smalland nothing like the picture we saw on the internet. Beware of the very slippery indoor pool area. My 3 year old son slipped and fell face first. There was alot of blood, but thank God it was a small gash. We went to hotel staff, they must not have children. The guests were more concerned about my child than the staff. One lady on staff gave me a used cold pack that was not usable.There was a first aid kit later dicovered by us, but nobody on staff told us. Luckily there was a guest that was a nurse who helped my son. She put butterfly stitches on his forehead and he was fine. Maybe someone on staff could have called to check on him. This was nobody's fault, but concern for others is a must. Now, about our room; the air conditioner did not work in the bedroom. The ceiling was falling apart with large peelings and stains. The towel rack in the bathroom fell apart, and the tiles along the shower wall were broken. The carpet needed steam cleaning.The refridgerator was very small( 2 person max) we had 5. There were large blood stains on the sheets that my teens slept on and a full bottle of pills found under their bed. The last night of our stay I tried to bake a meal in the oven an hour later I realized that the oven was not heating properly, so we had to throw our food out and spend MORE money on fast food. We were low on cash at this point, so it was a major problem. I guess we should have left, but in July it is hard to find a room. The price was good, and I saved $20 a night compared to other prices, please spend the extra $20 a night elswhere. We have stayed at Myrtle Beach every summer for seven years at other hotels that are the same price range and this hotel was not even close to the others. Please look around so that you will have a better trip than we did.Good location, bad hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family