All reviewsprivate condoview of the oceanindoor poolfull kitchenbike weektrip to myrtle beachwasher and dryerunitissyvrboarcademb
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I went to this hotel scared to death. We were traveling with my sister, her new husband, their seven kids ranging in age from 5 - 16, my mother and my husband and I, and we were on a budget. We had other family staying at Springmaid Beach Resort, but because of my sister's wedding, we couldn't book far enough in advance to get any of the specials. Since we wanted to stay near Springmaid, and I had to house 12 people, and I booked a week before we went, Bluewater turned out to be my only option, and the reveiws were horrible.

The rooms are not as bad as some would have you to believe. We had three of the Angle Ocean View suites, and because each is individually owned, they were all slightly different. My suite was the worst - funky smell, least updated, damp feeling, but it wasn't unlivable. My mother's was the best - recently updated with new cabinetry in the galley kitchen, including dishwasher and Corian countertops, but everything else in her suite was like mine. Hers didn't smell as funky as mine. There was no carpet in any of our suites, just nice ceramic tile floors. Bathrooms were ok. Contrary to other reviews, we received plenty of towels, and the housekeepers were very nice to us. The furniture in the rooms was typical mid-level hotel furniture that had been there being used for several years. The tv's in our suite had remote controls that didn't work, but we didn't go to the beach to watch tv, so that was ok, too. I thought the pools were in ok condition, and the bar by the pool had enterainment every night - some nights a dj, other nights a live band, all free.

Also, the parking is literally just across the street, so I don't understand why people are so upset about it. The breakfast that was included with the price of the room was fine. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, biscuits, gravy, french toast sticks, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, fruit, cheese, cereal - what else do you need?

I doubt that I will stay there again, but if I had to, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Actually, our whole family thinks that Myrtle Beach as a whole has gone way down hill, so we will definately look at other beaches next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, General Manager at BlueWater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bluewater Resort. We appreciate your family coming to stay with us and the kind things you had to say about our housekeeping, restaurant and beach bar. I also want to mention that any time there is are issues such as "funky" smells and TV remotes not working we encourage you to please call the front desk so that we can correct them. Our goal it to make certain that all of our guests have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was our 1st stay @ Bluewater and we were pleased with the price b/c of an online discount. When we arrived we had to painlessly switch rooms b/c room was not what we asked for, we had a small kitchenette instead of the full kitchen but we were able to easily switch to another more spacious room. Housekeeping is the absolute worst!! They didnt want to give us towels, told us we had to call or go down to front desk for towels or any other extras that we needed. The Queen more like double beds were practically on the floor and the sleeper sofa was highly uncomfortable! Otherwise the kids enjoyed the pools, it was direct access to the ocean, the Neds Bar was cool and parking was ok also. I just think with these condos individually or privately owned they can better maintained!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, General Manager at BlueWater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bluewater Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed parts of your stay with us. The fact that our front desk staff were able to move you quickly to a more spacious room is very good news. I'm also happy to hear that the kids enjoyed all of the pools and that you liked Nassau Ned's our beach bar. I would like to explain that housekeeping is not to blame for the towel distribution. We are attempting to adhere to a "Go Green" agenda this summer. As such we refresh all linens (sheets & towels) every other day. For those guests who want daily towels, we ask that they come to the front desk and we are happy to hand them out. Also, please note that all of our units here are individually owned and we are working continuously with our homeowners to update their units. Any time you have a problem or complaint we encourage you to let us know so that we can do everything in our power to correct the situation.
Again, thank you for your review and I hope you will come to see us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have stayed here several times in past years. The rooms are not what they use to be. And not what the pictures you see on their site. Complained and they did their best to please. The location is nice, great view. We did like the new free breakfast for two. All was clean and nice, but the rooms are not what you think your getting! Not pleased!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler32458

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bluewater Resort. I was very happy to hear all the good things you had to say! When you had a complaint the staff did their best to please. The location is nice, great view. We did like the new free breakfast for two. All was clean and nice. That all sounds great! I know that you did not get the room pictured on our website but that is shown as a "sample unit" to show the basic layout. All of our units here are individually owned and, as such, are all different. While a small percentage of our units are not as up-to-date as they should be, the vast majority are lovely and always a great value.
I hope that you will come to see us again!

Reviewed June 23, 2010

Be careful. This hotel billed my debit card $100 for damaged carpet and there wasn't even carpet in the room!! They also said we had too much trash!!

I couldn't believe it when I spoke to the manager. We even have pictures of the room showing no damage or no carpet in the room!! The hotel will not supply me with any proof of damages or anything of that nature. The manager even had the nerve to yell at me over the phone.

I recommend staying somewhere else. There are plenty of hotels with great discounts along the beach but NOT this one!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank BeachBum2012
BluewaterResort1, General Manager at BlueWater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

We authorize a $100 security / damage deposit on every guest's credit card which is released following check-out after housekeeping releases the room for excessive trash and/or damage. In this case the guest was charged $50 not the full $100 due to 2 large trash bags full of trash, vomit on the tile floor, several broken glasses and a broken lamp. I have explained this to the guest and did not at any time raise my voice in doing so. This is exactly why we have a security/damage deposit in the first place.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had six people was supposed to have three beds. After traveling all night, when we arrived we only had two double beds. I went to the front desk and they told me the room was supposed to have a sofa bed, but it didn't and they didn't have any other rooms available for that night. I asked for a rollaway bed which they didn't have either. I requested sheets and blankets to make a bed on the tile floor and received one blanket and no pillows. On a more positive note the next day we were able to change rooms. We never received an apology nor were we offered a rate reduction for the night that two people had to sleep on the floor. The front desk was very rude and acted as though we were annoying them because we had to pay to sleep on the floor. Did not clean the room one time during our stay. we had to go to the front desk for clean towels all to be told they didn't have any clean. We did get lucky one day and get six clean towels. Wow!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank benita_10

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. Please know that all of our units are individually owned and while we require sleeper sofas in all of our units, not all of our homeowners have made that allowance as of yet. I agree that you should have been afforded a discount for having to sleep on the floor your first night. Please contact me and I will make arragements for that refund. As for housekeeping, we refresh linens and towels every other day. If this was not fully explained to you upon check-in, I apologize again. We are making an attempt to adhere to a "Go Green" policy with regard to linen usage.
I sincerely hope that you will give us an opportunity to re-earn your business.