The Blue Water Resort is a nice play to stay as long as they are not catering your event. The staff there made a lot of promises that they could not uphold. My family and I were in town for a family reunion. I started planning this reunion in January 2005. When I called the hotel the first question I asked was do you have banquet space that could accomadate up to 200 people. They responded with a yes. This resort had everything that we were looking for (lazy river, indoor/outdoor pool, etc.) In March we begin to book our rooms. Upon arrival at the hotel we learned that each room was individual owened by different people so everybody's room would be different. Some people's rooms smelled like mildew, mold and clorox and was very, dirty and rusty. On the other hand some people's rooms were very, nice. The indoor pool and lazy river was closed for repairs. Their is construction going on next door so at 6:00 in the morning be prepared to be woken up. We had our family reunion banquet on Saturday, September 10. The banquet room was very, cramp. You bearly had room to move around. The menu was fresh fruit salad, green salad, rosemary baked chicken, top round of beef w/mushroom sauce. rice pilaf, mixed vegetables, bread, assorted pies, tea and water. The chicken was under cooked to the point that blood ran down from it when a 7 year child tried to cut into it. The rice was so hard that you could have used it to throw at a bride and groom on their wedding day. The lettuce was brown and we were constantly running out of stuff so that caused our line to be backed up and slowed down the progress of our banquet. The hotel staff had nothing to say to us but that they bought the food at cost so they would be loosing a whole lot more if they returned some of our money. The food and beverage director came over to see the chicken for himself and still did nothing about it. Other than that the staff was friendly. The service and the food was not worth the $5000 spent. The Blue Water Resort don't have to worry about the Lowry-Barnette Family holding another family reunion at there hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BlueWater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenities in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 Jacuzzis. All rooms at the BlueWater Resort feature kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly BlueWater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueWater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach