Currently staying in hotel booked through Bluegreen. This is a 5/4 stay but if it wasn't already payed for I would of left already. First day I go to put clothes away inside the closet I found black mold as the same inside the air condition unit. The second problem was later in the night. The room is made to sleep 4-6 people but only had three towels and on the 3rd night we have resorted to using our beach towels. Maid service did come by earlier in the day but did nothing but spread the comforter on the bed, no sheet change (had sand in sheets), no bathroom cleaning or replacing towels, comforters had stains when we arrived, and no vacuuming. Additional problem is parking. Having kids walking across 2 roads every time with kids to the parking garage is frustrating. Additionally, no Internet access which most of the $70 /night hotels around resort have.
A couple pluses are location, right on the beach and depending on room you will have a good street view or a great ocean view. There are a few places to eat within walking distance (within .5 miles) along with a bar and restruant inside hotel. Resort also has multiple pools of different depths.
In closing this is a mix between a hotel and a lower tier resort, choose wisely when looking at price and availability.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach