Let me start out my saying that we rented our condo from an owner and not the resort itself. It was 2 bed 2 bath. We arrived on Saturday June 29 and right away we were finding things that were wrong with our room. The floors were terrible!! There was sand everywhere even IN the beds! We could tell that the floors had NOT been cleaned in a long time. Within minutes of walking around on the floors barefoot our feet were completely BLACK! Second the shower was filthy with sand all in the bottom and only towels for one day. Luckily since we had 2 bathrooms we had enough towels for everyone and we had a washing machine to wash them EVERYDAY. We had to ask for toilet paper everyday. So that was an indication that maids did not come to our room for anything. The pools were ok but the lazy river and 1 other pool was closed for construction while we were there. Which it's crazy that they would remodel pools during the busiest time of the year. Our room was not well furnished with things for the kitchen. 1 pot and 1 pan and a blender that's all. There was dried food in one of the drawers. We called the owner to ask him to tell the maid to come clean and he said that she would charge us $80 to clean it! I DON'T THINK SO!!! Next the security guards are VERY RUDE! Me being 19 I took some of the younger kids with me to the pool and we did not know that we had to wear wrist bracelets, so the security guard asked where our bracelets were and i told him I wasn't aware that we were to wear bracelets at the pool. He gave me a very mean hateful smirk and yelled at me to "GET OUT AND GET THEM NOW". So we left. Then another security guard got after me and the other kids i was watching another day because we didn't have the right color bracelets on. We were not aware that they change the color of bracelets you are supposed to wear every Sunday. So us arriving on Saturday we had a different color and we wore them until Tuesday when the security guard made us get out of the pool and go to the office with him. He was very rude and telling us that "we were illegal" and "why did he had to do everything for us" and me being the nice young man that I am, told him that we didn't know and that he didn't have to be so rude. Then on the day we were leaving we had to talk loudly down to our people at the bottom of the resort over the balcony. One of the guards came over to his balcony 3 floors down looked up at us and told us to "KEEP IT DOWN AND QUIT SCREAMING"! Very unprofessional if you ask me!! I would not recommend this resort to anyone. Please consider another resort this one will just ruin your vacation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach