“Home Sweet Home in Myrtle Beach!”
Review of BlueWater Resort

BlueWater Resort
Ranked #110 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 8, 2004

This April I will be making my fourth trip to the Bluewater Resort with my boyfriend, sister and her boyfriend. My workplace provides the opportunity for employees to have 1 weeks accomodation at this resort for eligible employees. We have always had an efficiency unit with a bedroom and a bed in the living area. Some years the furnishings have been more luxurious than others, but we have always enjoyed the space, the proximity to the ocean, local restaurants and attractions. This year, we were offered the opportunity to stay at a larger, newer resort. The four of us unanamously agreed to return to the Bluewater.
The same amount of money would afford us with 1 room accomodation, in a location much further down the beach. We plan on boosting (just over a 100 dollars a week) our given rate to stay in a two bedroom condo. We should all still be friends by the end of the week! All in one room-I don't think so! As long as we are central, the people friendly, we have space, the pool and hot tubs work...we are happy.

3  Thank CanadianC00kie

Jamestown, NY
Reviewed December 7, 2003

We have stayed here for the last two years. The first year was great for the price--cheaper than any where I reseahed for a two bedroom condo. The second year the room was slightly dirty but manageable, but the main pool wa closed--construction going on right in front of our oceanfront room--that was relaxing at 8:00 A. M.--We were on the elevator, and heard the current corporation officers talking to the new probable owners--if the hotel is maintained by the new owers-and looks anything like them--oooooh no!!! by the looks of the reviews in late 2003-the new owners took over--I have literally talked myself out of another stay there this coming year. By the way, we had a two bedroom suite--the door between our bedroom and my granddaughters locked--ONE WAY--on her side--that is scary--what if there was a fire??? and, her side was locked-you know how two year olds are--we called maintainence--they said -- no fix!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2003

I was quite nervous about staying here after reading these negative reviews, however I decided to go ahead with my plans, and see for myself. I'm Glad I did. The room was GREAT, oceanfront and spotless, very nice furnishings. The building was under renovations, so there was some congestion around the front of the building with lots of trucks and scaffolding. It was well worth the money, and I will be staying there in the future.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Flagler, FL
Reviewed November 25, 2003

Whoever wrote "NeverAgain" must have Champagne tastes with a beer pocketbook. Bluewater Resort is one of the best bargains around, and one of the best locations. We have been staying at Bluewater Resort for 20 years, and have always been treated with courtesy, and if there is a complaint, it is fixed immediately. Granted the hotel is 20 years old, but for the price it is hard to beat.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2003

We stayed at the Blue Water the end of October, bringing our 2 children, their spouses and our 3 grandchildren in for the weekend. My husband and I were both very impressed with our room. It was very clean - and I am very particular when it comes to clean! Being in one of the angle rooms, our view compared to the view we had while in Vegas - out of this world! Not only did we have an awesome view of the ocean, the view of the city at night was breathtaking. Our only disappointment was that the indoor pool was being renovated at the time. That was how I had found the Blue Water in my search for a place to stay - so we would have something for the grandchildren to do. I decided to look elsewhere for a place for our children and grandchildren to stay. I went to the front desk to explain that I would not be using the other 2 rooms I had booked. I never asked for a refund. The staff member I spoke to called for the manager. Once the manager arrived he immediately started crediting my card for the 2 rooms we were not going to be using. This was a total shock to both of us. The kids were going to be arriving later that same day. I never expected to get a refund, much less one I never requested. We booked the kids rooms 2 doors down at the Reef. I paid much more for these rooms then what the ones at the Blue Water were costing and their rooms did not compare to what I had at the Blue Water - and the kicker, before booking the rooms I asked about their indoor pool as this was the ONLY reason I let the rooms at the Blue Water go. It was in perfect shape; at least it was until about an hour after I asked. At check in, we were told that the Reef too had experienced problems with their indoor pool. It was repaired but the water never did reach a temperature warm enough for the grandchildren to get in. So, we ended up spending about 50.00 more than we would have if we had kept the rooms at Blue Water, the rooms were much older and smaller than the ones at Blue Water and the kids never were able to swim. So, the moral of my story is this: No matter where you stay there's going to be something about the place you don't like. But face it, it's not home - and the fact is, you wanted to get away from home or you wouldn't be staying in a place that you're now so disgusted with. We, as well as our children, will definately stay at the Blue Water again and will recommend it highly.

1  Thank JKL73
Durham, NC
Reviewed November 15, 2003

We were very scared going here after making our reservations and then later finding this site with all of the negative reviews. After arriving we checked into our room and found them to be just fine. We were looking for a value and that is exactly what we got. Maybe some of you that are whinning about your rooms on this site were expecting THE RITZ....although you were not willing to pay RITZ prices. If you wanted a 5 star Hotel then you should have booked yourselves into a 5 star Hotel and not booked into one in which you were paying $44/night. Have you ever heard of the concept "you get what you pay for" ? Although the rooms were somewhat old they were about what we were (and you should have been) expecting for what we paid.

So Stop Your Whinning!!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hickory, NC
Reviewed October 5, 2003

We checked in at the Blue Water Resort on Friday, October 3 for a long weekend. Our granddaughter was playing in a fastpitch softball tournament at Myrtle Beach on Sat. & Sun. We stayed in a two bedroom condo (Unit 802). The place was so dirty and such a dump-beds were a joke-you had to hold onto the edge to keep from rolling to the middle. Hotel advertised Lazy river,indoor pool, 4 outdoor pools. One outdoor pool was actually open, others were closed for repairs. DO NOT BOOK THIS FACILITY. We left on Sunday even though we had paid for room until Monday because we couldn't bear another night there and no one at the hotel seemed to care!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member