I recently stayed at the Bluewater Resort and, Wow what a great place and great value. I took a weekend get away trip to MB area to get away and relax. I took a chance by driving down without a reservation hoping to find a good rate and a room that was clean. I drove to several resorts such as a very large we'll known resort two doors down from Bluewater. I went and viewed the room and was not impressed for the price they were charging. After driving around for almost two hours trying to find a good rate, I took a chance and stopped at Bluewater resort. Per tripadvisor there were some bad reviews about this place so I was pretty skeptical about checking this resort out to begin with. Boy, am I glad I did. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm pretty picky when it comes to a clean room but it doesn't have to be fancy. I walked up to the front desk where one of the receptionist, Alesia I believe was her name and I was greeted with a smile and friendliness. I explained what I was looking for and she quoted me a price. I asked if I could view the room first before decideing. She said, sure no problem. I went and looked at the first room and noticed that on the way up, they were doing some renovating such as painting, etc. everything was fresh and clean. The first room I looked at was nice, clean however I was not impressed by the small 19" regular tv. I went back down and asked if there was a room at same price that may have larger tv such as flat screen. She gave me new room to view. And wow, I was taken away by the room and how clean, updated it was. Freshly painted, modern room that was very nicely decorated. The ocean view was awesome. I booked this room. Everything was great with my stay. All the staff was very friendly, nice including the security guards. I found nothing wrong with this resort. The outdoor pool out front was very nice and was heated. One of the security guards said it was 91 degrees walking by and felt great at an air temp of 60 degrees. At night it felt great also. Like bath water. Pool area was very clean and very nice. Hot tub was great however the indoor hot tub was out of order for repairs. I had a great time here and it was very relaxing. The only thing I have a concern about is the parking garage across the street. Needs updating and I would have to say that I felt a little uneasy over there at night. However they do have security cameras all over the entire resort and security officers would go over and check parking garage pretty often. I will definitely be back and I am so glad I stayed here. I found a new place to stay in MB. Thanks Bluewater staff for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach