First of all, I would like to say the reason my family chose this resort is because we've visited here a few times when I was little; yearsssssss ago! LOL So we thought, why not revisit this resort since the other hotels/resorts were booked in the area of MB we wanted to stay. Now on to the review!
Check In - 10/4 When our family arrived it was very late; close to midnight. We were tired from traveling and the kids were ready to get settled in. Alon, the front desk clerk was VERY nice. She checked us in with ease. Headed to our rooms on the 4th floor...
Condo - All three condos were terrible! The furniture was torn with foam hanging out of it. The floors had not been swept in what looked like months. The tubs were black, the beds looked like they have been there since the resort opened. The mattresses were dark brown, torn and worn out. We complained to Alon that night and she was kind enough to move us to the 9th floor.
Once again, the condo's were "ok", BUT it took me literally 2 hours to clean! It was dust from months, the floors were dirty and had hair all over it. The tubs; again, seemed like they had not been cleaned, the night stand and the dresser had red sticky stuff on them, the bathroom countertops and toilet seat has caulk all over it. The carpet was stained with black stuff in the room.
I complained to the front desk clerk the following morning around 8:30am and I believe her name was Shawanda... Well, she took my complaint and said she'll have the manager Lemetrius contact me after she returns from her meeting. Here it is Monday, October 8th and I have yet to receive a phone call from the manager. Trust me, I've called and left a message this morning. We'll see how long it takes this time.
Alon informed our family that the condos are individually owned and it's hard to say how they look on the inside. Our family will never EVER stay at this hotel again!!!! Poor "mgmnt" service and the condos were terrible! I've never stayed somewhere where I had to clean myself!
All I can say is STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BlueWater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenities in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 Jacuzzis. All rooms at the BlueWater Resort feature kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly BlueWater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueWater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach