Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cleveland, Tennessee
“singles event”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have traveled with a group of singles to Myrtle beach several years. This hotel always makes it great. The service is great and the rooms are accomadatible for this event. have enjoyed coming every year and will go back in 2011

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank misslisa1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Housekeeping is wonderful. Ocean Cafe has good food, and a wonderful staff, especially Teresa (waitstaff) and the wonderfully entertaining chef. The groundskeepers do a superb job of careing for the pools and gounds. We throughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarolinaGramma
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I took my 5 & 9 year old for a long weekend and we had a great time. The kids loved the pools, especially tubing on the lazy river pool, the game room and the easy access to the great beach. I loved all these things, too but the friendly service really won me over. Everyone was so accomodating and friendly. It was like hanging out with friends. The service at the pool bar could have been faster but the staff was so friendly that it helped pass the time. I loved the spacious room and the quick elevators to the 19th floor. One problem was parking. It's fine if you have a compact or mid sized car but it's extremely challenging if you drive an suv. They really need to work on that.

Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank BOS2GA2010
Millbrook, Alabama
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I must say I’ve really enjoyed my 4-day stay at the Beach Colony. This was also my first trip to Myrtle Beach. My room (which was on the 19th floor) was oceanfront and had the most spectacular view of the Atlantic. One of my favorite parts of staying at BC was sitting out on the balcony in the evening listening to the ocean and watching the waves come in. I’ve also enjoyed the beach tremendously, being as though it’s only steps away from the hotel. There were more people on the beach than I had anticipated being in the middle of October, not overly crowded but still a good number. Not one drop of rain fell while I was there, so I guess who could blame them? I had no problems with Housekeeping; they cleaned my room (especially the bathroom), made the bed and left clean towels for the bathroom and kitchenette every day I was there. The groundskeepers were out every morning cleaning the pools and hosing off the deck area. I’ve only had their breakfast one time – I’d say it was decent as well as the wait staff. If you ever decide to eat there, you don’t have to wonder how much to tip because your receipt will have the 15 and 20 percent amount for the tip at the bottom. I didn’t have to wait too long for an elevator, however I did notice from the time I first got on one that there was constantly water on the floor (I’m assuming from people going up to their rooms from the pools). I also have to admit that the parking deck was a bit of a challenge, especially going up and down the ramps (because there’s only room for one vehicle at a time on the ramps, even with a small car like mine), however if everybody just took their time and used the mirrors there shouldn’t be any problems. Like I mentioned earlier, I did enjoy my stay. Not long after I first arrived (after a 10 hour drive) one of the soda machines took my dollar, yet when I reported it to the front desk the clerk was nice enough to reimburse my dollar. There were times, however, where I could hear some loud people next door to my room, slamming cabinet doors and whatnot, as well as out on the balcony (I could almost hear their conversation at times). I am aware that’s something beyond the hotel’s control, I just thought I’d mention it also. Overall, I have to say that my time at BC in Myrtle Beach exceeded my expectations. If I ever decide to plan a second trip to MB, I’ll definitely consider staying at Beach Colony!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank beachgirl930
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days at Beach Colony the end of September for an end of summer getaway. We had stayed once about 10 years ago and weren't happy with the condition of our room. Recently a co-worker stayed there and reported it had be remodeled, so we opted to try it again.
We found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The grounds were lovely, especially around the pool.
We were given a room on the 19th floor with a fabulous view. It was a King Ocean Front Suite. The suite lay-out was great, the living/kitchen area was sunken, allowing a nice ocean view from both the bedroom and the living area. Our room was older and the decor was quite dated. This didn't bother us, as we aren't in the room all that much anyway. The baseboards were scuffed and cracked, in need of painting, and the bathtub was stained. The mirrored tiles in the hallway were cracked as well. The furniture was typical dark inexpensive hotel style furniture.
Our balcony had 2 chairs and a small table on it. Our room was a non-smoking room, we noticed a plastic water bottle on the balcony 1/2 full of water and cigarette butts. This was not removed throughout our stay (and I was loathe to touch it). Cigarrettes had also been put out on the stucco wall of the balcony, it was mottled with black ashy spots.
I didn't want to put a damper on our few days away, so we didn't complain to the desk; however, this was not acceptable. The housekeeper did a great job in keeping the room clean.
While we love the layout of the rooms and the amenities, the lack of care given to the room was unfortunate, and if we do choose to stay here again, we'll check out the room prior to checking in and unpacking.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank princesslinda226
Chattanooga
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Beach Colony Resort. The staff was very friendly and was kind enough to make sure the flowers my husband ordered were in our room upon arrival. Loved the swan towel arrangement in the bathroom. The view was spectacular and the balcony was extremely enjoyable watching the sunrise. Access to the beach was convenient and there were lots of other amenities we did not have the time to take advantage of.
The only con I would mention would be the parking garage. While we realize that space is at a premium, the garage was doable. I can see where it might be a pain during the summer season with the lots of people coming and going. The ramps between levels only allow one car at a time. The mirrors help a lot.
We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2010

It was delightful to land at this property. It's not brand new but extremely clean with a responsive staff, great water pressure for the showers, comfortable furniture in an immaculate room, lovely area by the pool's and a short stroll to the beach. They have a large, attentive crew that makes you welcome and are responsive to any request. We travel on a tight budget and were delighted with the value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends