Beach Colony Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Mermaid Inn(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Forest Dunes Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Cabana Shores Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
2,183 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubkiddie poolseveral yearsgreat vacationtrip to myrtle beachfull kitchenthe past yearsfamily vacationgreat resortwasher and dryeroff seasonfreddie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I had been to Myrtle Beach 3 times before this trip. And I stayed at The Beach Colony Resort all 3 of those visits, as well. When my husband and I got married on Valentine's Day of 2008, we were unable to go on a honeymoon because we have custody of our 4 year old grandson (2 years old at the time) and our precious little boy had been through so much until I was given full and permanent custody when he was only13 months old, that we did not want to leave him alone with even his favorite aunt until he was more secure being without us for a while. (In fact, to celebrate this wonderful little boy and I becoming a family, the two of us took a trip to Beach Colony Resort for a full week when he was 15 months old! He and I both had a blast!) Anyway, when my new husband and I finally got away, it was our first anniversary, our honeymoon, and our Valentine's celebration all in one!!! We stayed in a beach front suite with an amazing view of the beach. Everything was so peaceful and quite, we could hear the waves each night without having to open the balcony doors. And although it was cold during our week stay, it was wonderful. The staff was, as always, friendly and very helpful. The woman at the desk when we checked in even remembered me from my trip two years earlier with my grandson! The suite was, again as always, beautiful, clean, and had everything we could need.
We had breakfast every morning at the hotel resturant. What a varity of the best breakfast food! We did not have dinner at there this trip, but I have on previous trips. And it is well worth a try, or even two!
The pools are great, especially having an indoor heated one during any bad weather. And the Lazy River is a gas!! I also love being able to rent the beach umbrellas and loungers right on the beach so that I don't have to bring my own, therefore not taking up space in our car.
My husband and I are planning another trip in October of 2011, and will be bringing our boy, who will be 6 1/2 then. I am unable to do the wateparks and such, but I am sure that my men will love them! And the fact that EVERYTHING is close to The Beach Colony Resort (but not close enough for all the night crowd racket!) just makes it the perfect spot for an entire vacation.
And, very best of all, the beautiful, beautiful private beach just a few yards from the hotel. Pure, clean, always raked, perfect sand! Lots of shells for little ones' collections, sea gulls to throw bread to, great sunbathing, perfect consistancy for walking or running, and, of course, for sand castle building!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have, in fact. Friends, family, church members, strangers, ect. They have all gotten an earful about this wonderful, perfect resort. And more than a few have taken my words to heart, and had great vacations at your hotel themselves. Then passed the word on to others.
In closing, I have never had less than a stellar time at Beach Colony Resort. And hope to have many more!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maemae47
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We hav been coming here for years, and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The entire staff is exceptionally friendly, accessible and helpful. The spacious rooms, hallways, common areas and grounds are impeccably groomed and maintained, even in the off season. Even the beach in front of the hotel is combed daily. When maintenance or construction needs to be done, it is always done with the least possible inconvenience to the guests. Any needs or concerns are immediately and cheerfully addressed. The beach front view is absolutely stunning. Nice ammenities like an indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, raquetball court, heated outdoor pool, and cocktail lounge are a plus. The breakfast buffet is always well stocked, with cheerful servers. There's free parking right under the hotel (no getting soaked in a downpour walking to your car!) And you get all this for an unbelievably reasonable price. We've done our research, and you won't find a better value anywhere on the Strand. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StBerpuppy
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We spent a week at Beach Colony in Oct./09 and it was a great vacation.6 ladies for relaxation and shopping.The resort was terrific.We had a 4 bedroom condo on the fifth floor which was perfect.The view of the ocean was stunning,the Condo was well appointed...clean & in great condition...daily maid service with the staff very helpful & pleasant.Absolutely no complaints.The pool hot tub and lazy river were terrific.
Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ilene O
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Love staying at Beach Colony. We have stayed there for many years. The motel was very clean, staff was very polite and helpful,and it is in a great location. It is close to residential areas so the beach is not crowded. It is close to Broadway and many restaurants are nearby. The only negative thing we can say about it is the parking. Everything else about the motel is what keeps us coming back to the Beach Colony trip after trip.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turnerdc456
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This resort is easily located. The two bedroom condo angle view is roomy and beautiful. The best we have visited in many years.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends