2,474 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubseveral yearskiddie poolfull kitchenthe past yearsgreat vacationfamily vacationwasher and dryergreat resortoff seasonoceanfront roomfreddie
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I should have posted this comment months ago. I did file a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau and talked to the hotel's manager, but the case was closed without a satisfactory settlement. This experience left such a bitter taste in our mouths that we will not return to Myrtle Beach ever.
We stayed at the Beach Colony Resort in Myrtle beach from August 5 to August 11, 2008. On August 20, 2008 we received a letter from the hotel notifying us that upon inspecting our unit after we left they found a large burn in the carpet and therefore charged our credit card $800.00 to cover the damage. Enclosed was also a photo of the burn. This was a surprise to us as that "burn" mark was not there before or during our stay. We left the room at 10:30 am and the enclosed inspection form states that the inspection was done at 11:00 am at which time the houskeeper noticed the burn. On August 21 I called the General Manager, Lisa A. Babiak. Since the alleged burn on the photo looked more like a wet spot on the carpet, I could not figure out what could have caused it. I was told that someone has put a hot pot on the carpet which melted the fibres. The pot that was allegedly used was also missing. Something is wrong here.
The room itself was outdated. The bathroom was also in a poor shape, the bathtub was so disgusting that my son refused to take a shower in it.
The only reason we ended up staying was the fact that the view and the beach were outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank happycamper32
Darby D, General Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

I apologize that your past experience at our hotel was less than ideal. Many things have changed since your last stay including our entire management team. We are confident you will be delighted with the wonderful changes here at Beach Colony Resort in 2017. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Sincincerly

Darby Davis
Beach Colony Resort

Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have been coming to Myrtle Beach my whole life. This was my first time at Beach Colony and I have to say it was wonderful. Our room (606) was terrific. The full oceanview was breathtaking. We loved the balcony as well as the kitchen which appeared to be new. It offered our family a chance to eat in after a busy day at the resort and watch one of the complimentary DVD's available at the front desk. Clean, affordable and comfortable. What else could you ask for?!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Tess P, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you for letting us know about your resort experience. We sincerely appreciate the stars you have given us. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again in the future!!

Reviewed May 4, 2009

My family of 5 spent a great spring vacation at Beach Colony resort. The service was excellent and the kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzi's. It's right on the beach. We saved money because they have great rates and the room we had was a two bedroom with a full kitchen. Definitely a great family resort.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 28, 2009

After searching dozens of places to stay in Myrtle Beach for a relaxing vacation, my wife and I decided on Beach Colony Resort, and were really glad we did. The room (really a small apartment) for the price is a terrific value. It was clean and well serviced with a balcony facing a great stretch of clean beach. It is very convenient to get to Broadway on the Beach to the South, and barefoot Landing to the North (both very short drives), as well as all the other entertainment areas and restaurants. At least based on our experience, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2009

My family and I stayed the week before Easter 2009. There were 7 of us. We had an Oceanfront 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo. We had more than enough room. The view of the ocean was spectacular. There were numerous pools. The kids loved the lazy river. Everything was great from the time we checked in until the time we left. Housekeeping was amazing, they were always there before 10:00 AM. I've stayed there before and decided to take my family this time. I will make it an annual vacation with or without my family. It is away from the center of the Grand Strand so it was real quite but still close enough to everything. A few minutes by car.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family