Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Prestonsburg
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I have to write my view of room 702. We stayed from July 13-17, 2008. I had heard such great things about this place. The minute we opened the room the smell reminded me of a garage bathroom, you know the smell of one of those things you hang in a commode. The couch smelled of body odor, the beds were the most uncomfortable things I've ever slept on, the bathroom, well, good grief! It needs updated badly, a lot of mold and there was a huge stain where a bathmat had been in place at one time. The first night I was still awake at 2:30, I sat and cried, I hated this place so bad, but as I said I toughed it out. Luckily my daughter was really sick so we cut our trip short. I've never heard of a hotel that didn't use any type of clorex to clean a room, I just didn't feel clean at all, I will never stay at this place again, EVER! I was really surprised at all the people who stayed hope their expereince was better than mine. Like I said, whoever the owner is of room 702, please go there and take a look at the room, smell the couch, look at the bathroom, I would be ashamed.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Smell, the furniture
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank PippyLePeu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
waltdlove
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stayed at the beach colony resort mid July. We had room 402 and it was lined with mirrors. Each room is individually owned and each owner can decorate as they please. this room was wonderful. If you get a chance to stay here do so.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank waltdlove
Detroit
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My family ended up staying at the Beach Colony Resort last minute when we wanted to extend our Myrtle Beach vacation and there was no vacancy at the resort we had already been booked at next door (Dunes Village). We were NOT HAPPY for several reasons. First, a person working at the front desk when we personally booked an overnight stay said that we would be able to check in early, yet that was not even close to the case. Second, when we finally got to our rooms, we found all of them to be very outdated. Coming from the Dunes Village Resort where we were VERY HAPPY, this paled in comparison. In addition, when we opened the refrigerator at the Beach Colony, we found opened bottles of tequila that were left behind (we were traveling with young children). The most disgusting part, however, was that our children found bloody cottonballs on the floor from previous guests. If that was not enough, there was a major leak in the bathroom that was causing the entire floor to become quite wet and again unsafe. To top off our dissappointment, the manager did not seem at all sensitive to our concerns and never even apologized. I would never go back to this establishment again...I recommend the Dunes Village Resort next door!

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank DetroitApple
Darby D, General Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2017
I apologize that your past experience at our hotel was less than ideal. Many things have changed since your last stay including our entire management team. We are confident you will be delighted with the wonderful changes here at Beach Colony Resort in 2017. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Sincerely

Darby Davis
Beach Colony Resort
Rogersville, TN
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This was my second stay at Beach Colony Resort. I was told that the condos are privately owned and furnished by the owners. My first stay was on a golf trip in October 2007 and I would consider our stay as average. However my second stay, a family vacation in June 2008, was quite a pleasant surprise. The condo was decorated in a tuscany style that my wife loved. Our two bedroom condo was roomy, clean and well furnished. On our next vacation to Myrtle Beach we will stay at Beach Colony Resort, expecially if we can the the same condo. The only thing keeping this review from being Excellent is the parking garage. I did not like the two way traffic in the parking garage.

• Liked — The condo deocr and furnishings.
  • Disliked — Parking garage.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank rdbeverly52
Dublin, VA
Reviewed July 12, 2008

My friend and I were looking for a nice quiet getaway for a few days and we found it at the Beach Colony. Although it was just the 2 of us, we do have families and it was very family friendly. I would have returned this July with my family, but they were booked. Great location. We had an oceanfront guest suite, it was perfect, great amenities, plenty of room. Overall, I would highly recommend this property.

• Liked — Room was great, great location, beach not too crowded.
  • Disliked — Parking wasn't the best.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank wveers
Macclesfield, NC
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Beach Colony Resort is an excellent place to stay while visting Myrtle Beach. Our family of four usually stays twice a year here. Its very family oriented and clean. We stay in the two bedroom ocean view room whenever possible. This allows us to watch over our children as they play in the lazy river and pool area. The kitchen area allows us to cook and not have to eat out all the time during our stay. I would reccomend the Beach Colony Resort to anyone looking to vacation at Myrtle Beach.

• Liked — Price,cleaness,on the beach, pool, tiki bar.
  • Disliked — The parking a little tight but it work fine once you get used to it.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank dailrm
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I have been staying at this resort for the last 15 years and have never been disappointed. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the ammenities are wonderful.

The location of the resort is very convenient, because you can easily access Myrtle Beach proper, or North Myrtle Beach. Restaurant Row is also easily accessible.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Myrtle Beach area. It is great for couples or families.

• Liked — Convenience of getting around the Myrtle Beach Area
  • Disliked — Slow Elevator time
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple