2,474 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubseveral yearskiddie poolfull kitchenthe past yearsgreat vacationfamily vacationwasher and dryergreat resortoff seasonoceanfront roomfreddie
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much.The front desk was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Helen our cleaning staff member did an excellent job.
Larry was a cool guy we joked all the time.
The condo was very clean.
The halls were also very clean except when some slob would throw their trash in the halls or on the beach, to lazy to use the container provided. The staff cleaned it in a hurry.
We had a ocean front condo, enjoyed watching the ocean every day.
Beach Colony is located with a short distance from 90% of all the entertainment & restaurants.
This was our 2nd time here and will differently will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Wayne F,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay with us here at Beach Colony. We are very happy that you had a fantastic stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to let all of the staff members know that they made a great impression on you and were able to make your stay that much better. I certainly feel like we have the best staff in the area and am very happy you had the chance to feel that. We look forward to having you back as our guests again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a ocean view 2 bedroom,kitchen, 2 bath, washer, dryer, living room . This is our second time there and I'm sure there will be more. The house keepers are great, actually the whole staff was great. I would recommend this stay to any of my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judya1953

Dear Judya1953,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and your recommedations, we cannot thank you enough for your support. I am glad to see that you able to take advantage of our fantastic staff and ocean view two bedrooms. We hope to see you again soon, and wish you a fantastic end to the year.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I visit The Beach Colony twice per year. Our latest stay was September 22-28. We always find the staff friendly and helpful. Our unit was very clean and comfortable. We also enjoy the fact that it is very quiet. Even though we were on the 3rd floor near the pool we never heard any noise after 9 PM each night. The grounds are kept in excellent shape and the landscaping is very attractive.

One draw back was their central reservations person was very rude when I made the reservation. I had her transfer me to the front desk and had Donna make my reservation. She was polite and most helpful. I will go through the front desk when I make my May 2014 reservations. The other draw back is that you cannot reserve a specific unit when making the reservation. This sometimes creates a problem because some of the units have not been updated and are not in the greatest shape. Our favorite is 305 which we were able to get this time but only after Libra on the front desk did some moving around when we checked in.

Room Tip: Ask to see your unit before accepting it at check-in.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear SCBeachLover8,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your continued support and patronage. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with our call center, they are still new to the company and we are working hard to work out some of the kinks. As for reserving a specific room number, you may always make a request and we do our very best to accomodate it. It is not always possible to promise a specific room number because we never know what is going to happen. Each of units will be going through renovations and updates this winter so when you come back in May we can make sure that we get you into a room that you will enjoy.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our stay was a pleasant and comfortable one. I was completely satisfied with our room which consisted of 2 bedroom, 2 bath, kitchen, dining, and livingroom. Flat screen TV's and Wifi. Even though we didn't have beachfront we had the balcony on side of hotel and still could see the ocean. Very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. It was nice to be able to eat in when we wanted to and didn't have to bring any dishes they supplied them. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: You want to be able to see the beach. It was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear rocksand2101,

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommedations. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our fantastic Ocean View rooms and the harwork that our housekeeping staff does to keep everything clean. I will make sure to pass you compliments along. We hope that you have a fantastic winter season and look forward to hosting you and yours again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I along with 2 other families visited Myrtle Beach for the weekend. We were there for baseball tournaments. If you go with your team, there are game rooms and indoor and outdoor pools for everyone to enjoy! The fields were about 30 minutes or so from the hotel and was easy to find.
Beginning with the first phone call to the resort and to check out time, the staff was exceptional.We secured our reservations at the Beach Colony, hoping that it would be a great place, clean and a pleasant place to stay. All of our expectations were met. The room was beautiful and most importantly it was emmaculate from ceiling to floor! It had nice clean, good quality furniture. Our friends were well pleased with their rooms too. We had a great view of the ocean and was within walking distance. We ate our breakfast in the hotel restuarant and it was very good, the service was good, the price was reasonable.
We had 2 teen boys in our group and they enjoyed all the game rooms and pools, inside and outside. Everything was clean and in great condition. Cleaning crews were out in the morning grooming the grounds and parking lots to keep the facility looking good. I hope we can go to Myrtle Beach again, and if we do we will try our best to reserve our stay at the Beach Colony! Naomi

Room Tip: We were located on the 11th floor, less noise and the view was great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Naomi S

Dear Naomi S,

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations of you and your group. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review with your thoughts regarding your stay. I am happy to to see that our many amenities were able to entertain and accomodate your group and we would love to host you and yours again anytime.