2,474 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubseveral yearskiddie poolfull kitchenthe past yearsgreat vacationfamily vacationwasher and dryergreat resortoff seasonoceanfront roomfreddie
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I visit The Beach Colony twice per year. Our latest stay was September 22-28. We always find the staff friendly and helpful. Our unit was very clean and comfortable. We also enjoy the fact that it is very quiet. Even though we were on the 3rd floor near the pool we never heard any noise after 9 PM each night. The grounds are kept in excellent shape and the landscaping is very attractive.

One draw back was their central reservations person was very rude when I made the reservation. I had her transfer me to the front desk and had Donna make my reservation. She was polite and most helpful. I will go through the front desk when I make my May 2014 reservations. The other draw back is that you cannot reserve a specific unit when making the reservation. This sometimes creates a problem because some of the units have not been updated and are not in the greatest shape. Our favorite is 305 which we were able to get this time but only after Libra on the front desk did some moving around when we checked in.

Room Tip: Ask to see your unit before accepting it at check-in.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear SCBeachLover8,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your continued support and patronage. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with our call center, they are still new to the company and we are working hard to work out some of the kinks. As for reserving a specific room number, you may always make a request and we do our very best to accomodate it. It is not always possible to promise a specific room number because we never know what is going to happen. Each of units will be going through renovations and updates this winter so when you come back in May we can make sure that we get you into a room that you will enjoy.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our stay was a pleasant and comfortable one. I was completely satisfied with our room which consisted of 2 bedroom, 2 bath, kitchen, dining, and livingroom. Flat screen TV's and Wifi. Even though we didn't have beachfront we had the balcony on side of hotel and still could see the ocean. Very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. It was nice to be able to eat in when we wanted to and didn't have to bring any dishes they supplied them. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: You want to be able to see the beach. It was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear rocksand2101,

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommedations. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our fantastic Ocean View rooms and the harwork that our housekeeping staff does to keep everything clean. I will make sure to pass you compliments along. We hope that you have a fantastic winter season and look forward to hosting you and yours again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I along with 2 other families visited Myrtle Beach for the weekend. We were there for baseball tournaments. If you go with your team, there are game rooms and indoor and outdoor pools for everyone to enjoy! The fields were about 30 minutes or so from the hotel and was easy to find.
Beginning with the first phone call to the resort and to check out time, the staff was exceptional.We secured our reservations at the Beach Colony, hoping that it would be a great place, clean and a pleasant place to stay. All of our expectations were met. The room was beautiful and most importantly it was emmaculate from ceiling to floor! It had nice clean, good quality furniture. Our friends were well pleased with their rooms too. We had a great view of the ocean and was within walking distance. We ate our breakfast in the hotel restuarant and it was very good, the service was good, the price was reasonable.
We had 2 teen boys in our group and they enjoyed all the game rooms and pools, inside and outside. Everything was clean and in great condition. Cleaning crews were out in the morning grooming the grounds and parking lots to keep the facility looking good. I hope we can go to Myrtle Beach again, and if we do we will try our best to reserve our stay at the Beach Colony! Naomi

Room Tip: We were located on the 11th floor, less noise and the view was great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Naomi S

Dear Naomi S,

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations of you and your group. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review with your thoughts regarding your stay. I am happy to to see that our many amenities were able to entertain and accomodate your group and we would love to host you and yours again anytime.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My stay at Beach Colony from September 13th through September 18th could not have been more pleasant. Jim Shepley, the general manager, and his staff were always very polite and made every effort to be helpful. I look forward to many vacations there in years to come. D.Thompson

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Drennan T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Beach Colony Resort. I am thrilled to see that you had a great time with us and that our excellent staff was able to make a great impact on your stay. Thank you again for choosing Beach Colony and we look forward to having the opportunity to host you and yours again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We always love to stay at Beach Colony Resort. We always enjoy our time here. We came here for a family get away...which we usually do every so often. We have never had any complaints about the service or facilities, The resort is in a great area of Myrtle Beach and close by to many great places to shop or eat. Thanks for the Great memories!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa C

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. We can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words and continued patronage. We hope to see you again soon so we can continue to create some great memories together.